Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Adjusting Fox 2.0 Performance Series

Old 01-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
Polarisman is on a distinguished road
Polarisman's Tacoma Gallery
Adjusting Fox 2.0 Performance Series

Hello everyone,

I have the fox 2.0 Performance Series coilovers on my 2011 Tacoma. I want to adjust the driver side shock to compensate for the tacoma lean. Im planning on going with 1/4 of an inch higher. I have spanner wrenches, but my question is: How and what to measure to reach this height? What reference points could I use? Thanks, I"m kinda new at this. Here is a pic of the shocks (not mine).

Thanks again,

Matt
Attached Thumbnails
Adjusting Fox 2.0 Performance Series-66c5e499-5e6b-43d6-8451-a94bcaaf0564-896-00000154782c4b1e_zps774d7509.jpg  
Old 01-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Hub to fender. Install the coilovers. Let it settle. Then adjust it. Jack it up and leave it at full droop is the easiest way to turn the collar.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:08 PM   #4
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarisman View Post
Hello everyone,

I have the fox 2.0 Performance Series coilovers on my 2011 Tacoma. I want to adjust the driver side shock to compensate for the tacoma lean. Im planning on going with 1/4 of an inch higher. I have spanner wrenches, but my question is: How and what to measure to reach this height? What reference points could I use? Thanks, I"m kinda new at this. Here is a pic of the shocks (not mine).

Thanks again,

Matt
This is exactly how mine look, all the threads at the bottom. Can I get more lift simply by turning these? Sorry for noob question.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:58 PM   #5
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Yes turn the collar up go preload the spring = more lift.