Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

will this look and ride ok?

Old 01-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
Cray is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
Cray's Tacoma Gallery
will this look and ride ok?

Im installing my 3" from revtech tomorrow and would like to know if anyone else is running this. Any feedback would be good and pictures would be great.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
I have a buddy running revtek pucks up front and like a 3" block in the back and compared to my bilstein/ome setup it rides pretty dang stiff. Cruising isn't bad but if we hit a pot hole or bump it jars the whole cab and you can definitely feel it. And don't even get me started on the off road performance.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #4
Hummingbird
Foihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Foihdzas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
It's gonna feel like a $300 lift
You always seem to beat me to these threads Pete. Are you an internet troll?
Old 01-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foihdzas View Post
You always seem to beat me to these threads Pete. Are you an internet troll?
Obviously a better one than you

Just sayin
Old 01-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #7
Cray's Tacoma Gallery
Well thanks for the input but im in highschool and still making payments on my truck so i dont have 700$ to drop on a lift. is there a better way for around 4 to 500$
Old 01-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cray View Post
Well thanks for the input but im in highschool and still making payments on my truck so i dont have 700$ to drop on a lift. is there a better way for around 4 to 500$
Yep, Bilstein 5100's.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Yep, Bilstein 5100's.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #10
Captain Taco
tacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Volunteer Firefighter
Name: Matt
tacofire38's Tacoma Gallery
I just did Billies 5100s up front, billies 5160s in back and OME coils. I picked up the coils used for like 2 bills and the total for the billies was like around 4 so you can find a good lift for not too much
Old 01-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #11
david2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: take a guess
david2011sr5's Tacoma Gallery
I know the price has gone up a bit since I bought my 5100's but I think Downsouth Motorsports still has the best deal +free shipping. Look in the vender section.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #12
dust ...
chris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Chris
chris66's Tacoma Gallery
go with bilstein 5100s up fron and whatever coils you can get cheap and then for the rear an add a leaf
Old 01-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #13
Cray's Tacoma Gallery
If I keep this lift is there anything i can do to it that would make it work for me? I usually just use my truck on the street unless im getting to one of my hunting or fishing spots. By work for me i mean make it smoother.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #14
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cray View Post
If I keep this lift is there anything i can do to it that would make it work for me? I usually just use my truck on the street unless im getting to one of my hunting or fishing spots. By work for me i mean make it smoother.
Since the spacers are compressing your springs to get the lift there isnt anything else you can do for a smoother ride unfortunately.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #15
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Learn how to save money and enjoy delayed gratification when you have gotten a superior product. It's difficult, especially when you're young, but the rewards are FAR greater.

I'm 38 and looking at being completely debt free and owning my home, truck and boat in another 12-16 months.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #16
tacohound is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
tacohound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSitStill View Post
Learn how to save money and enjoy delayed gratification when you have gotten a superior product. It's difficult, especially when you're young, but the rewards are FAR greater.

I'm 38 and looking at being completely debt free and owning my home, truck and boat in another 12-16 months.
x2, I have been putting $100 dollars every 2 weeks away just saving up so I can get my full OME lift. I still have another 2 months before I will be able to taste that sweet satisfaction. It is really hard because I could easily buy multiple items I want for my truck right now but the wouldnt make me as happy as this lift is going to. Just wait OP you dont need one right now, save some money.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #17
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Since the spacers are compressing your springs to get the lift there isnt anything else you can do for a smoother ride unfortunately.
Wrong. Common misconception. He isn't adding any weight to the truck, therefore he isn't compressing the spring anymore than how is truck sits right stock. All he is doing is losing 3" of droop travel, and increasing the risk of bottoming out his shock. The of lack droop travel is what is going to make it feel rougher than stock because he is more prone to topping out his shock during day to day driving.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #18
Cray's Tacoma Gallery
lots of good info coming in. I took everything apart last night because i had to fix a leaf spring before i could put my AAl in. I also took out the stock strut assemblies to have the springs compressed to put in my spacers. They told me i need new shocks that didnt really suprise me so i am getting new height adjustable billies up front and keeping the AAl in back for now. From here i will save up 1400 for an OME lift. Thanks a lot guys.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #19
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Yep, Bilstein 5100's.
with stock coils thats not true at all. you're compressing from the bottom rather than the top, it will feel just the same as the spacer he has.

yes 5100's but ONLY if you get new, non progressive coils.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #20
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
with stock coils thats not true at all. you're compressing from the bottom rather than the top, it will feel just the same as the spacer he has.

yes 5100's but ONLY if you get new, non progressive coils.
It will ride better than spacers because the 5100s are valved to properly dampen the stiffer spring rate, while stock shocks are not.