1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift install(:

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Gavinfritz101, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Jan 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM
    Gavinfritz101

Gavinfritz101 [OP] THE Gavin Fritz.

Member:
    First Name:
    Gavin
    Temple, Tx
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5 4x4 Gold
    Blacked out emblems, grill guard, Wade wind deflectors, White led dome light, Camo Steering wheel cover.
    Hey guys! Well lately i have put some serious money into my truck! I have all my parts to install my lift. Bilstein 5100s all the way around with Eibach coils and a toytec aal, also got the 1/4" space. Can you guys tell me what kind of spring compresser to use and all the tools needed. Also i have found a few good writeups on how to install all this but i feel its going to be very difficult. Help is needed, if you know something i will need then let e know. Thanks a lot guys.

I put on my xd addicts today! :cool:

2. Jan 2, 2013 at 5:26 PM
    mynewtoy

mynewtoy I like men

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    09 double cab 4x4
    Detriot locker rear ARB air locker front 4.56 gears OME 3" lift, SPC uca's , moto metal 951 wheels 315/75/r16 Treadwright guard dogs, homemade front plate bumper with smittybilt 9.5k winch, homemade skids, homemade Bed bars, Mobtown offroad high clearance rear bumper with tire carrier, Homemade rock sliders , U-bolt flip, Wheeler's super bumps, BORA 1" wheel spacers , Black headlight mod , black tail lights, Satoshi Grill , autoPage C3 RS-665 alarm with remote start, flowmaster 40 series exhaust, cruise control,bed/ground effect lights, wet okole seat covers, tinted,windows, weather tech floor mats, AVS vent shades, debadged, hidden cobra 19 cb, 7" offroad lights behind grill, rear diff breather relocate, abs kill switch
    its not hard at all. just basic tools. autozone will let you borrow a spring compressor but those can be kind of sketchy. you can also take the coils to a shop and have them put the new shocks on the coils. they should charge you 30 or 40 bucks

3. Jan 2, 2013 at 5:32 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    Most anything we say here has already been said in writeups.

Yeah, the Autozone comrpessors aren't really made for these stronger coils. I'd recommend taking them to a shop with a wall-mount compressor, unless you know someone who has one.

A 150-lb torque wrench plus adapters is needed for the front leaf hangers (very limited space on the driver side next to the gast tank), and a couple big pry bars can help with positioning the leafs and also prying down the LCAs to get the shocks off and on. And a ratchet strap is helpful for pulling the axle forward to line up the pins on the leafs.

If the truck is old, you'll probably have to cut off the front leaf hanger bolts because they are seized in the bushings. Angle grinder or Sawzall.

4. Jan 2, 2013 at 9:13 PM
    Gavinfritz101

Gavinfritz101 [OP] THE Gavin Fritz.

Member:
    First Name:
    Gavin
    Temple, Tx
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5 4x4 Gold
    Blacked out emblems, grill guard, Wade wind deflectors, White led dome light, Camo Steering wheel cover.
    thanks guys. Hopefully i can get all this done tomorrow.

5. Jan 2, 2013 at 9:21 PM
    Banff2007Tacoma

Banff2007Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Black Sand Pearl TRD Offroad.
    GPS Navigation System, Old Man Emu complete lift with Dakar springs. Light Racing UCA's. BFG AT tires, KMC Enduro rims, Allpro E-locker guard. ARB Portable Air Compressor CKMP12. Backflip Tonneau Cover. Wet Okole seat covers.
    Hey just a thought. I don't know how mechanical you are but I am horrible at it but my idea is maybe go to the Texas section and maybe ask in a thread for some help and you supply pop and pizza. Most guys on here would love to help and you meet new people and you can get some experienced guys helping out.

I always help when local guys post even though I don't know a thing just so I can learn. Hope that helps. Good luck and looking forward to seeing it when it is done.

Products Discussed in

To Top