Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift options...

Old 01-03-2013, 02:22 AM   #1
illmatyk is a glorious beacon of lightillmatyk is a glorious beacon of lightillmatyk is a glorious beacon of lightillmatyk is a glorious beacon of lightillmatyk is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Matt
illmatyk's Tacoma Gallery
Lift options...

Hey guys, I have a 2013 double cab and was wondering which of these lift kits would you recommend:

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

or

http://bds-suspension.com/product?kid=815F

With the above BDS kit in 6", not full coilover and if anyone has any experiences with either kit, how was it?

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:29 AM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
3" above is you want it for mild offroading and 6" for basically looks and larger tires.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:37 AM   #3
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatyk View Post
Hey guys, I have a 2013 double cab and was wondering which of these lift kits would you recommend:

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

or

http://bds-suspension.com/product?kid=815F

With the above BDS kit in 6", not full coilover and if anyone has any experiences with either kit, how was it?

Thanks!
I have the zone 4" which is the same thing as the bds. I also didn't get the kit with the coilovers. I went and added 5100's all around and also got the extended length brake lines. I think the kit is very well made and drives great. With me going with the bilsteins I can always adust them to get a lil more lift if I want and the 4" kit is actually 4.5. The only difference between the basic 4 and 6" kit is the rear blocks and in the front on the 6" kit they give you a spacer that goes between the top of the coil spring and top hat to give you the extra lift
Old 01-04-2013, 12:29 AM   #4
illmatyk is a glorious beacon of lightillmatyk is a glorious beacon of lightillmatyk is a glorious beacon of lightillmatyk is a glorious beacon of lightillmatyk is a glorious beacon of light
Cool thanks for the input. Also, someone today suggested that I should get a Pro Comp kit. Any advice on those?

This Pro Comp kit:

http://www.procompusa.com/prodDetail...3533&plID=1808
Old 01-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatyk View Post
Cool thanks for the input. Also, someone today suggested that I should get a Pro Comp kit. Any advice on those?

This Pro Comp kit:

http://www.procompusa.com/prodDetail...3533&plID=1808
I have heard that kit doesn't give you the best ride. If you wanna go that route you would be better going with 5100's, ome 885 coils or ebiachs and getting either a new leaf pack for rear or adding the icon 3 leaf progressive pack. Just my opinion.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:40 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
I have heard that kit doesn't give you the best ride. If you wanna go that route you would be better going with 5100's, ome 885 coils or ebiachs and getting either a new leaf pack for rear or adding the icon 3 leaf progressive pack. Just my opinion.
Thanks!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:42 AM   #7
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
prerunners do have the option of spindles for 4"
Old 01-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
prerunners do have the option of spindles for 4"
Thanks, I will look into this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
Only thing about the lift spindles is they push your front wheels out further. Thats the one reason I didn't go with them but they will give you a ride like stock and angles will be in check.
Since the front wheels will be further out, wouldn't it be possible to just add spacers to the rear wheels to have them go out further to match the fronts?
Old 01-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #10
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I have the first kit you posted. It's been on for a year and no complaints.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:51 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
I have the first kit you posted. It's been on for a year and no complaints.
Awesome! Thanks! That is the kit that i am leaning towards the most right now also!