Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Icon V.S. Series Shocks 2.0 Rear - Owners

Old 01-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
genrec is on a distinguished road

genrec's Tacoma Gallery
Icon V.S. Series Shocks 2.0 Rear - Owners

Just put these rear V.S. Series on my 13' Taco Sport. Just wondering if anyone is getting a click or clunk sound with them, or if its a normal characteristic of them? Its everytime I let go of the break or come to a stop..i get this noise. Normal or no? My mechanic buddy was trying to diagnose it with me, he almost feels the noise is coming from the inside of the shock, like he could feel the virbration of it.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Could be low on nitrogen? Everything tight to spec?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #4

genrec's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Could be low on nitrogen? Everything tight to spec?
To my knowledge. They've only been on a few days, and Ive gone back and checked all bolts.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #5
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
I was told icons could tend to have these "clicking" issues...by a 4 wheel parts employee FWIW.
4Wheelparts? lol
Old 01-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #6

genrec's Tacoma Gallery
Bring this is up again. I'st now been over a week. Break in is over IMO, and the rear is making this click/clink noise still at acceration (not all the time)..and slowing down to a stop (not all the time). What else can it be if not the shocks, mind you everything is bone stock minus the new addition of these VS shocks. And it certainly made no noise befoe installing them. These shocks cost to much $ to make noise new out of the box IMO.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #7
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Mine make clinking noises, too. If you think these are noisy, check out the large $$$$ bypass shocks used for long-travel and racing applications. They click and clack all the time as a result of the valves inside opening and closing.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #8
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting. I haven't noticed anything from mine and I've ran them for 2 months now
Old 01-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #9
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you buy them from?
Old 01-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #10

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried contacting icon or even DSM? Give them a call and see what's up. No one on a forum is going to help you expect for having suggestions.

How do they feel? Stiff, squishy? Take them by a shop and have the nitrogen re-set or if you're in the area take them by icon?
Old 01-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #11

genrec's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Interesting. I haven't noticed anything from mine and I've ran them for 2 months now

Really..Quiet as stock...
Old 01-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #12

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genrec View Post
Really..Quiet as stock...
Yep
Old 01-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #13

genrec's Tacoma Gallery
I contacted ICON..they said bring them by off the truck..they are about 40 mins from me..guess i'll do that, just trying to avoid it if was a characteristic of these shocks. just seems abnormal to me for brand new, Ive lifted 6 trucks an never heard this. Thanks fellas.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #14

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Icons got good people there....tell them you want some swag for the inconvience!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #15

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Icons got good people there....tell them you want some swag for the inconvience!
They might even give it to you without asking.