Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Coil apperance ?

Old 01-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
leftcenter01 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
leftcenter01's Tacoma Gallery
Coil apperance ?

Has anyone ever tried to powdercoat coils on their lift kit? Im going to put a billy 5100 lift on in the spring and was wondering what it would look like if I could make the coils swb to match my taco. Im thinking that the powdercoating may just crack off if there is to much compression of the coil if a large bump was hit.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
plasti derp them
Old 01-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
plasti derp them
elastic enough, sounds like it would work.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #4
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
elastic enough, sounds like it would work.

I think spray paint might work but who knows

I feel dirty..... This is the first time I have said derp something ever.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I think spray paint might work but who knows

I feel dirty..... This is the first time I have said derp something ever.
Did the bill of your hat start to curl upward when you suggested it?
Old 01-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #6

looking for them to retain a metalic look though so dont think the derp is what im looking for
Old 01-05-2013, 01:49 AM   #8
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcenter01 View Post
Has anyone ever tried to powdercoat coils on their lift kit? Im going to put a billy 5100 lift on in the spring and was wondering what it would look like if I could make the coils swb to match my taco. Im thinking that the powdercoating may just crack off if there is to much compression of the coil if a large bump was hit.
eibachs are powdercoated.........Ive owned a few sets, never had any cracking
Old 01-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #9

Thanks for the replys guys