Notices

Want a Higher Lift!!! HELP?

Old 01-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
Go Hard In The Trails!
RoyalThunder is on a distinguished road

RoyalThunder's Tacoma Gallery
Want a Higher Lift!!! HELP?

Okay well im under a budget so i wouldnt wanna spend over a grand
I currently have 2.5" spacers in front and 1" block in rear which is still low and i wanna go a bit higher so what can i get to get higher than this? I want to know all my options and also the cheapest!

At least to a 3" or 3.5" lift i dont know or what do you guys reccomend is the next cheapest lift higher than what i got.

It can be a body lift or suspension lift i just want to know all my options to decide

( no worries i dont mind a low end lift since im not gonna be doing major offroading)

Also I would like to know if this would fit my truck
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

2002 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2WD(6lug)
Old 01-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
A 1" body lift is probably going to be the cheapest route. $100 or so. Just make sure you upgrade all your hardware to grade 8 and I wouldn't go any higher.

At 3.5" of susp. lift in your front end, you're cv's will probably want to die. (assuming you're 4wd)

Edit: pick up an AAL for the rear and ditch the block. That'll also help to level you out as it looks like you've got a little bro lean going. Unless that's the look you were going for.

..and yes, that lift from toytec will fit your truck as you are a 1st gen and not a 5lug.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #3
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ah...you're 2wd... nvm my comment about the cv's then

If you want cheap, then stick with what you have for the suspension. You don't want to stack a suspension lift on top of another suspension lift. You may look into some lift spindles since you're 2wd. I dunno what the options are on those for 1st gens.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #4
Go Hard In The Trails!
RoyalThunder is on a distinguished road

RoyalThunder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgecko03 View Post
A 1" body lift is probably going to be the cheapest route. $100 or so. Just make sure you upgrade all your hardware to grade 8 and I wouldn't go any higher.

At 3.5" of susp. lift in your front end, you're cv's will probably want to die. (assuming you're 4wd)

Edit: pick up an AAL for the rear and ditch the block. That'll also help to level you out as it looks like you've got a little bro lean going. Unless that's the look you were going for.

..and yes, that lift from toytec will fit your truck as you are a 1st gen and not a 5lug.

So i would get a 1" body lift on top of what i already have?
Because that wouldnt make sense if i take of what i already have and get a 1" lift since what i have is higher

And what AAL do you reccomend?
Old 01-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalThunder View Post
Because that wouldnt make sense if i take of what i already have and get a 1" lift since what i have is higher

A body lift raises the body only in relation to the frame. You have spacers, which raise the vehicle (body, frame, all) via the suspension.

Have you considered replacing your springs and shocks? A good set of coils and leaves will cost you about a grand and might give you what you are looking for. Your current springs have settled in the 11 years since new, the new stuff will correct that and add lift. Your vehicle will ride and handle way better than it does now as well.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalThunder View Post

you can do a BL on top of what you already have since you can do a BL and a suspension lift together. Check out http://www.4crawler.com/ for body lift options.

the toytec AAL will do fine for you. You can also check out wheelers: http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504tacoaal.htm
Old 01-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
A body lift raises the body only in relation to the frame. You have spacers, which raise the vehicle (body, frame, all) via the suspension.

Have you considered replacing your springs and shocks? A good set of coils and leaves will cost you about a grand and might give you what you are looking for. Your current springs have settled in the 11 years since new, the new stuff will correct that and add lift. Your vehicle will ride and handle way better than it does now as well.

x2 and this would be preferred. I only gave the cheaper suggestion