LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Will this lift kit give me a legitimate 3" lift with top plate spacers?

Old 01-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
I'm A Grinder
pivey14 has a spectacular aura aboutpivey14 has a spectacular aura aboutpivey14 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Patrick
pivey14's Tacoma Gallery
Will this lift kit give me a legitimate 3" lift with top plate spacers?

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Thanks for any input!

P.S. I know it says it will give you 3", but I've heard rumors it's slightly under 3". I'm trying to fit 285/75/16 so it is imperative that I know before I make a purchase.

P.S.S. What is the difference between this lift and the OME lift?
Old 01-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
I'm A Grinder
pivey14 has a spectacular aura aboutpivey14 has a spectacular aura aboutpivey14 has a spectacular aura about

pivey14's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone?
Old 01-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Don't get a spacer lift. The coilover will bottom out before contacting the bump stops. Eventually, the strut breaks off at the bottom end.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
I'm A Grinder

pivey14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytower View Post
Don't get a spacer lift. The coilover will bottom out before contacting the bump stops. Eventually, the strut breaks off at the bottom end.
It isn't a spacer lift...Its Bilstein 5100's with Eibach Coils and a top plate spacer.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
I'm A Grinder

pivey14's Tacoma Gallery
You have to click the link. Adding a top plate spacer is an option and I'm wanting to know if adding the spacer will actually lift it to 3".
Old 01-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
mtwil9 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
mtwil9's Tacoma Gallery
I have this lift with the top plate spacers with 285 75 16 BFG A/T. No rubbing so far but haven't taken it offroad yet.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #7
I'm A Grinder

pivey14's Tacoma Gallery
That is exactly what I want.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #8
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
This lift uses Bilstein shocks, the OME lift uses different shocks.

I would advise against getting the top plate spacers, research shows that spacers are the point at which your lift will fail.

I hope you didn't buy the tires then figure out how much you need to lift to put them on there. Lift first, tires second.

No spacers.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #9
I'm A Grinder

pivey14's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't purchased anything yet. How can I achieve 3" without using a top plate spacer?
Old 01-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #10
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
I have this lift with the the 1/4" spacer to correct the taco lean and I just put 285's on. All that was required with the lift was a cab mount chop and some trimming of the plastics in the wheel well
Old 01-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #11
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Get the adjustable coilovers and rear leaf springs.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #12
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
the small top plate spacers that toytec sells are fine to put on top if you don't get enough lift. you can not use an in coil spacer with this setup. the in coil spacers are where problems may occur.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #14
I'm A Grinder

pivey14's Tacoma Gallery
I thought this lift was the same thing as the coil-overs except it isn't pre-assembled?
Old 01-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #15

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pivey14 View Post
I thought this lift was the same thing as the coil-overs except it isn't pre-assembled?
Go to the Toytec website and look under front lifts. You'll see assembled adjustable coilovers and assembly required adjustable coilovers.

Then go to rear lifts, you'll see the leaf packs.

Sadly they don't make them all together in a kit.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #16
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
The adjustables are the best bet to get an even lift. Just make sure you put copper antiseize on the threads before install. Don't go over 3", or the shocks can be damaged from the"slide hammer" effect from the shocks stopping suspension travel.
I need to find a solution for this. I am over 3" with an one lift on a reg cab and 4cyl:/