Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Alignment Specs... with print out picture...

Old 01-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
Dog Face Soldier
Nicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant future

Army: Weapons of Mass Destruction
Name: Nick
Nicky Lam's Tacoma Gallery
Alignment Specs... with print out picture...

before and after

suspension: full 3" OME 885, top plate spacer, trim packer, dakar rear, Total Chaos Uniball Upper Control Arms..

i told them i wanted as close to 0 toe, 0 camber as possible with 2.4* caster (would have been happy if they didnt touch my caster and just aligned the camber and toe in/out)

they said i know i wanted 2.4* caster, but something about it would be pushed too far out and camber would have been off, they just did it to the specs for the truck from the alignment rack computer.

got it done at firestone, bought the lifetime alignment for 180 with a military discount.

they also told me, when you get the wheels and tires on it bring it back and they would align it again to get the specs i wanted from the get go. im thinking about taking it to another firestone.

truck drives much better than it did, doesn't squeal around corners anymore and doesn't feel like its windy out when theres no wind at all. i know im gonna need more caster to stuff my 285s in there in the next 2 weeks.

opinions? thoughts? comments
Old 01-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Caster is a bit low for 3" lift
Old 01-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
. . .
Old 01-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #5
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Yea i would have wanted them to leave the caster alone if not make it about 2.8. I'm sure you feel the truck wants to wander a good amount.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky Lam View Post
thats what the print out says

like i said in the OP, i would have been happy if they left the caster alone at 2.8*
Looks to me like they went backwards
Old 01-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #8
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
take it back and say that it doesn't drive right.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
They have to play caster and camber off each other but it seems like the camber was pretty close initially and didn't get a whole lot better while the caster got a lot worse
Old 01-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
They have to play caster and camber off each other but it seems like the camber was pretty close initially and didn't get a whole lot better while the caster got a lot worse

exactly. They almost could have left it alone with minor tweaking.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #12
Dog Face Soldier
Nicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant future

i drove down to my parents house immediately after the alignment 70+ miles. at their house for the weekend, i hit 80mph and honestly that was the fastest ive ever got it up to, there wasn't any "wandering" if there was, i didnt notice it.

but ive located a firestone 2 towns over from my parents, im gonna take it to them tomorrow in the AM see if they can do my caster.

keep yall updated after i get it off the rack, again
Old 01-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #13
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Your UCA adds caster. They are full of shit. You can hit 3+ degrees of caster and may need to in order to clear larger tires at full compression. Make them do it right.

Im going to guess you don't have 33" tires yet because you would already be complaning.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #14
Dog Face Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
Your UCA adds caster. They are full of shit. You can hit 3+ degrees of caster and may need to in order to clear larger tires at full compression. Make them do it right.

Im going to guess you don't have 33" tires yet because you would already be complaning.
Yeah, I knew the Tc UCA added caster. I have the tires 285/70/17 sitting in my spare bedroom, waiting for the rims to come still (back ordered). I'm going back after I mount the wheels and tires on and telling them put it back to at minimum 2.8 degrees of caster