LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Tacoma 9" lift with 37s?

Old 01-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
Prose104 is on a distinguished road
Prose104's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma 9" lift with 37s?

I have now a zone offroad 6" lift with 33s from center of hub to bottom I front fender is 26 1/4" if I get a 3" body lift will I be able to run 37s? If any body has this setup please let me know thank you!! 👍
Old 01-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
dirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: mike
dirtymike's Tacoma Gallery
You could but many people don't like body lifts on here
Old 01-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
dira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the rough

Name: David
dira1987's Tacoma Gallery
Are you just trying to clear larger tires? Do you offroad y your truck? With that much of a lift it might be dangerous to throw a body lift on there and then try to wheel it. My.02. If you do it I want to sweet some pics!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #7
tragerbon has a brilliant futuretragerbon has a brilliant futuretragerbon has a brilliant futuretragerbon has a brilliant futuretragerbon has a brilliant futuretragerbon has a brilliant futuretragerbon has a brilliant futuretragerbon has a brilliant futuretragerbon has a brilliant futuretragerbon has a brilliant futuretragerbon has a brilliant future
tragerbon's Tacoma Gallery
I am one of the few people that would say a body lift is OK, if installed correctly and made of good materials. I've installed a few RB 2" BL's and used them well, with almost 100k miles between the vehicles.

I would NOT install a 3" body lift on top of a 6" DB lift.

Take a pencil by the end and swing it around, no problems...now take another pencil and duct tape it tightly to one end, swing it around...not too bad right ?

Add one more pencil in the same manner and see what you get, not only can you feel the weight/force pulling out wards but you also have some flexing in the same direction. I cannot imagine having that on top of another 6" lift for safety reasons.

I would like to see a few pics of the Zone Offroad 6" lift and any feed back you might have about it.

Good luck
Old 01-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #8
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If you wanna do a body lift. Just do a 1" body lift. A few guys on here have.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #9
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Just stick with 35s, minor trimming, maybe a cmc might help, regear front and rear.

Brett
Old 01-07-2013, 04:44 AM   #10
Thanks everyone for info I have a 2011 trd sport 4x4 dc sb I bought the zone lift because of price differences 1200 bucks 6" lift drop crosses can't beat it so I did research couldn't find a soul that had one on a taco but I got it anyway everything is heavy duty weld put together I was very pleased with the lift and zone will help with any problem you have on the phone but back about the 37s I found sum guys/pics of tacomas with 9" lift and 37s and I like the look I may go ahead and do it to be different no body has many like that and also my dad had a 07 tundra with 6" suspension and 3" body no problems at all but also again I may do it gear it right get the high dollar bodylft with gap guards and all but some one asked about pics I will take some good pics of everything and try to post I'm new to this so let me figure it out lol thanks again hope maybe some body will see this and run the zone
Old 01-07-2013, 05:45 AM   #11
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Wow...3" Body lift?

Something to think about.... I knew a guy with a Jeep (long time ago) who had a 3" body lift. He had a panic stop, and the entire body of his jeep slid off the pucks (bolts broke). That much momentum and that much weight....the bolts couldn't support it.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:52 AM   #12
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Petty Officer
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prose104 View Post
Thanks everyone for info I have a 2011 trd sport 4x4 dc sb I bought the zone lift because of price differences 1200 bucks 6" lift drop crosses can't beat it so I did research couldn't find a soul that had one on a taco but I got it anyway everything is heavy duty weld put together I was very pleased with the lift and zone will help with any problem you have on the phone but back about the 37s I found sum guys/pics of tacomas with 9" lift and 37s and I like the look I may go ahead and do it to be different no body has many like that and also my dad had a 07 tundra with 6" suspension and 3" body no problems at all but also again I may do it gear it right get the high dollar bodylft with gap guards and all but some one asked about pics I will take some good pics of everything and try to post I'm new to this so let me figure it out lol thanks again hope maybe some body will see this and run the zone

Damn this guys period and comma keys must be broken...
Old 01-07-2013, 06:00 AM   #13
dirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
There is another way to lift it more
Old 01-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #14
Dr. Cornwallis is on a distinguished road
Dr. Cornwallis's Tacoma Gallery
use punctuation much?
Old 01-07-2013, 07:06 AM   #15
Its tha Southern Way
LBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
LBFD2005's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymike View Post
There is another way to lift it more
im going with the 6'' spacer from pro comp with 5100 billys and new coils should give me about 8'' in the front

what other options are there?
Old 01-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #16
We are on here to talk about lift kits, not periods and commas so sorry didn't know we was it English class!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #17
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prose104 View Post
Don't do it you are just askin for problems. Body lifts are no good alone by themselves.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #18
Its tha Southern Way
LBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
LBFD2005's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ agreed
Old 01-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBFD2005 View Post
im going with the 6'' spacer from pro comp with 5100 billys and new coils should give me about 8'' in the front

what other options are there?
That's pretty much it. You can get the longer coilovers for the drop bracket lift and crank them up to 3" of lift