Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Members top choice for suspension lift 3" or 6"

Old 01-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
osteopathic is on a distinguished road
osteopathic's Tacoma Gallery
Members top choice for suspension lift 3" or 6"

I purchased a gray 2013 Toyota Tacoma sport double cab about a week ago and I have wanted a Tacoma for years. I love how lifted Tacoma's look and I scheduled an appointment for a 3" spacer lift at Les Schwab for this wednesday, but I am going to cancel after reading numerous posts about how a spacer lift is not desireable.

I do not plan to do a lot of off road 4x4 driving now, but I want to do it right the first time with a quality product. I like the look of the 6" inch lift, but I read how the 3" lift is better for performance, a more comfortable ride, and a better off road experience. The salesman said I would have to regear if I went with a 6" lift.

I live near the Seattle area and I also would be interested in what business the members would recommend to install the lift.

Did not want to be the new guy and ask a question probably asked several times, but I am a bit confused with all the different options.

Thanks ahead of time
Old 01-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty much any of the high-end coilovers will do you well on the front. King, Icon, Fox, etc. You'll also want some UCAs like Light racing, Total Chaos, etc.
For the rear, get a leaf pack and some good resivior shocks and call it a day.