LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

lift option questions

Old 01-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
Techy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Techy's Tacoma Gallery
Smile lift option questions

Alright I think I found what I am going to do. Bilstein 5100's all the way around. Set to 1.75 in front then spacer to bring the front up to 2.5". In the rear a 1.5" progressive aal from wheeler.

So the questions...

1. Should I do the front like described or skip the spacers and just set bilsteins to 2.5"? I hear they ride better at 1.75, hence the spacer idea to get to the desired 2.5".

2. Will I need any other work like uca's with this setup? Trying to avoid that.

3. Any other problems you guys foresee? Any other advice?

Thanks for helping out a noob. I get so many great ideas and learn so much from all of you. I love getting on here.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
Techy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Techy's Tacoma Gallery
One other question, will this mess with my VSC? I have an 06 dc and there is no off switch for the vsc,, and I am not sure if a lift would mess with it.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Preloading ur offroad coils will provide a stiffer ride.....can u afford an OME setup?

2.5 is right in the middle iirc for needing new UCAs.....some do, few don't I think.

I know downsouth motorsports offers the complete OME line, and offer an ICON 1.5" progressive aal that's identical to the wheelers and rides like butter without the overload for sure....maybe someone here knows how it rides with the overload in.....tire pressures may help with ride differences also.

I had a toytec/deaver 1.5" aal (single) and the back end hopped all over on bumps compared to the smoother articulation of the icon progressive.

Again, check with Sonny at dsm.....free shipping, great prices, and the full line of OME.....u may have to CALL for the complete line cuz not all is listed on the website.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #4

Techy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Preloading ur offroad coils will provide a stiffer ride.....can u afford an OME setup?

2.5 is right in the middle iirc for needing new UCAs.....some do, few don't I think.

I know downsouth motorsports offers the complete OME line, and offer an ICON 1.5" progressive aal that's identical to the wheelers and rides like butter without the overload for sure....maybe someone here knows how it rides with the overload in.....tire pressures may help with ride differences also.

I had a toytec/deaver 1.5" aal (single) and the back end hopped all over on bumps compared to the smoother articulation of the icon progressive.

Again, check with Sonny at dsm.....free shipping, great prices, and the full line of OME.....u may have to CALL for the complete line cuz not all is listed on the website.
How much would it be to use OME coils?

And any estimates on how much uca's are if needed?
Old 01-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
You can get Light Racing UCA's from Fat Bob's Garage at a real good price. I believe for $379.

I think they are worth it but you can always try without them and add them later. Good luck.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #7

Techy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff2007Tacoma View Post
You can get Light Racing UCA's from Fat Bob's Garage at a real good price. I believe for $379.

I think they are worth it but you can always try without them and add them later. Good luck.
Light racing better than those chaos arms?
Old 01-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #8

Techy's Tacoma Gallery
Any more info. I will take all I can get
Old 01-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #9
BakerTaco will become famous soon enough

Name: Will
BakerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techy View Post
Hellllll no. Total Chaos is twice the price though
Old 01-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #10
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Total Chaos are awesome from what I have heard but I went with Light Racing UCA's because of the weather we have up here.

Here is a good thread that talks about both so it might help you decide.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ol-arms-2.html
Old 01-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #11

Techy's Tacoma Gallery
anyone have any thoughts on spacers with 1.75" to get 2.5" vs strait 2.5"?
Old 01-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #12
BakerTaco will become famous soon enough

Name: Will
BakerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
anyone have any thoughts on spacers with 1.75" to get 2.5" vs strait 2.5"?
spacers limit your travel and stress your suspension. If its strictly a street driver, I'd say knock yourself out.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #13

Techy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerTaco View Post
spacers limit your travel and stress your suspension. If its strictly a street driver, I'd say knock yourself out.
Dont I limit my travel by setting the 5100's at 2.5 though? Or does it only ride rougher?
Old 01-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #14
Taco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant future
Name: JohnnyHildo
Taco Libre's Tacoma Gallery
for the most part i've heard maxing out the 2.5 collar on the 5100's makes them rougher riding. for this reason you'll commonly find guys using springs like ARB's or Eibachs to supply the extra lift while they just use the 5100's for improved valving.
spacers are generally frowned upon here yet many still rock them. my opinion, you bought a nice truck so you may as well try and retain the ride quality as much as possible.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #15

Techy's Tacoma Gallery
Are the eibachs, 885 I think for dc trucks, as good of a coil as the ones that come on a trd offroad truck?
Old 01-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #16
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are the eibachs, 885 I think for dc trucks, as good of a coil as the ones that come on a trd offroad truck?
885s are OME, not eibach. define what you mean by "as good of a coil".