1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

toytec aal with OME dakars?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by jamey, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Jan 8, 2013 at 6:24 PM
    jamey

jamey [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mayport, FL
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD Taco
    OME complete 3" lift with dakar leaf pack and AAL's Relentless fab sliders Uniden CB dynomat'd everything Focal 6" speakers 2 Kicker 10" subs JL Audio HD amp Kicker amp HID headlights LED lights in cab, bed of truck, and under hood. raptor lined bed sliders, and skids
    quick question: can you use a toytec AAL with the OME leaf packs?

story if you're bored: Just ordered OME lift kit from toytec with the AAL option for the rear. I sent them an email stating that i had changed my mind and requested to get the OME dakars instead of the AAL's. received no response and just got the AAL's in the mail... My truck has a 130k on it and the rear leafs look shot. I've read (box rockets build) that the dakars don't stand up well to a load so I don't mind using the dakars and AAL together as he recommends, but he was talking about the OME AAL's, not toytech's.

This is my first time lifting and besides ALL the reading I've been doing I have zero experience with suspension systems and how to know it this would work or not.

2. Jan 8, 2013 at 6:25 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    no , but you can get an OME AAL for the Dakars

FWIW , my Dakar pack hauls about 450-500 pounds in the back at all times

3. Jan 8, 2013 at 7:04 PM
    jamey

jamey [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mayport, FL
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD Taco
    OME complete 3" lift with dakar leaf pack and AAL's Relentless fab sliders Uniden CB dynomat'd everything Focal 6" speakers 2 Kicker 10" subs JL Audio HD amp Kicker amp HID headlights LED lights in cab, bed of truck, and under hood. raptor lined bed sliders, and skids
    no what I was praying to hear :(

no price difference in shipping between aal's and dakars with complete set (280 to Hawaii) either way BUT the shipping for just the leaf packs is somehow over $800 bucks.

So, i wrote toytec about it. hopefully they can somehow make it right.

Products Discussed in

To Top