Old 01-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
iTz IAN is on a distinguished road

Name: Ian
iTz IAN's Tacoma Gallery
Is this install method correct

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkVLBOnAifc

besides not using a spring compressor is the end result same
Old 01-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
It works, but heed the warning at the beginning of the video.
It is VERY risky... the energy in the spring can kill you.

One of the problems people encounter is that the LCA won't drop enough, and the bushing bolts are frozen.
But an alignment will be needed anyways, so the frozen bolts need to be freed.

Soak all of the bolts in penetrating oil, then repeat every day for a week and hopefully it will be painless.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #4
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a technican, and you will never ever catch me doing that. ever. i like my face.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #6
iTz IAN is on a distinguished road

Name: Ian
iTz IAN's Tacoma Gallery
what is good price for just installing the springs

also some shops said that the rental spring compressor will work others say only a wall mounted one will????
Old 01-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #7
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz IAN View Post
what is good price for just installing the springs

also some shops said that the rental spring compressor will work others say only a wall mounted one will????
The rental ones will work well for taking it apart it took me and a buddy to get the eibach springs compressed enough to get it back together.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #8
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
that sketchy wow
Old 01-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #9
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz IAN View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkVLBOnAifc

besides not using a spring compressor is the end result same
Sounded like it worked for Stephen Hawking just fine
Old 01-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #10
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Post up in the San Diego BS thread. I'm sure some of the local guys will be able to help you out. I know Jason (speed freek) works out of his home garage, not sure if he's got a spring compressor, but he might be able to help you out.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #11
Zombie
SkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Skeeter
SkeeterBilt's Tacoma Gallery
have one of those "cheap" spring compressors like they show.. they work well if you take your time and be carefull. now ive never installed a lift spring with it, only drop springs.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #12
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
I've done a version of this method numerous times on different tacomas and a couple tundras. Easy, smooth, and felt much more safe than using those cheap spring compressors.

Safest way to do it is take your coils and have a shop do it. Whichever method you do, be careful and attempt at your own risk.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #13
Walker is on a distinguished road
Name: Walker
Walker's Tacoma Gallery
I have done it this way and with the "cheap" spring compressors and i would much rather do it this way. This way is much faster and i feel safer than i do with the "cheap" compressor. The shock shaft would keep it from flying out and i cant even see that happening, it worked very smooth for me. With anything like this take your time.