Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Factory bump stop W/dakars

Old 01-10-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
842ta is on a distinguished road
842ta's Tacoma Gallery
Factory bump stop W/dakars

I just put my dakars on and the factory bump stop wont fit over the center Bolt on the dakars. Are needed or a must have with the dakars?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You should get extended bumps to keep your leafs from going into negative arch
Old 01-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
And also to prevent your shocks from bottoming out
Old 01-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowrs View Post
yes, you just drill the hole a bit deeper. takes about 3 seconds
Why wouldn't you just cut the excess off the centering pin?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #6
842ta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yes, you just drill the hole a bit deeper. takes about 3 seconds
Ok that's what I was thinking thanks
Old 01-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #7
842ta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You should get extended bumps to keep your leafs from going into negative arch
Were can I get the extended one at?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #8
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 842ta View Post
Were can I get the extended one at?
Wheeler's Off Road, Super Bumps
Old 01-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #9
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Why wouldn't you just cut the excess off the centering pin?

Cut through 1/2" of steel or drill a 1/2" deeper hole into rubber. I suppose they both will work, but I personally would (and did) chose drilling an extra half inch into rubber over grinding steel.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #10

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cut through 1/2" of steel or drill a 1/2" deeper hole into rubber. I suppose they both will work, but I personally would (and did) chose drilling an extra half inch into rubber over grinding steel.
I thought it was pretty common to have to cut the centering pin after an AAL or leaf pack install. The AAL I bought had really long centering pins, I had to cut almost an inch and a half off. Didn't take more than a few seconds with an angle grinder. I didn't know if I was missing something specific to the Dakars or if it was just that the centering pin was too long.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #11
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
No centering pin is just too long. If you add the overload leaf, to the Dakar, its not AS tall (I did mine later), but regardless, its MUCH easier to simply drill the already existing hole in the rubber bumpstop an extra half inch deeper than it is to grind teh pin itself.