Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

eibachs sagging

Old 01-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
eibachs sagging

whatre my options? no winch, just a elite front, see sig.

eibachs are sagging, bottom out on the fender just taking speedbumps with 32" all terrains, the stockers 31" which i put back on for that issue have no rub on speedbumps.

883s?
882s?

btw the rear is allpro expos.

i see so much debate over what coil to get, and on top of that what shocks.

this is more of a temp thing. im wanting sas but am still so much in the planning stages. but in the mean time it looks goofy, and the front sag is doing nothing but picking up the ass end making trailer towing even more difficult. i think i have a 8" drop hitch now and its still not enough. i used to tow on a bumper ball before i had an elite rear bumper, and front and had no sag with eibachs.

maybe just adjust the eibachs? how long are the "warranty?" is there one?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
GoldMember
tacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: VMAQ-1
Name: Josh
tacosunday's Tacoma Gallery
What spring rate are you running? I have a pair of eibachs 650lb 14in length that I swapped with some 700lbs 16in.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

now, ive seen that the 883's provide no lift, or 2" of lift, or 3" of lift. which is it?

my goal is around 2, or 2.5", not a huge fan of spacers, and am tired of replacing cv's.

what shocks?
Old 01-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #5

hrm, so hopefully might equal out to about an inch. i was thinking about maybe the 10mm spacer, even about disassembling the rear expos and removing one.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
yea get the trim packer with all your weight. it is small but it should help with all the weight you have.
is it a preloader or a top spacer?

thanks for all the help!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
Techy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Techy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
now, ive seen that the 883's provide no lift, or 2" of lift, or 3" of lift. which is it?

my goal is around 2, or 2.5", not a huge fan of spacers, and am tired of replacing cv's.

what shocks?
What is it that tears up the cv's? And how much do they cost to replace?

Sorry kind of a noob question, but I am kind of a noob.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #8
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techy View Post
What is it that tears up the cv's? And how much do they cost to replace?

Sorry kind of a noob question, but I am kind of a noob.
thats going to be from too much lift and that causes the fins on the CVs to rub against eachother, which will eventually make them rip, and need new CVs.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:10 AM   #9
Techy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Techy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
thats going to be from too much lift and that causes the fins on the CVs to rub against eachother, which will eventually make them rip, and need new CVs.
How much is to much? At what point do they start rubbing? 2" 3"?
Old 01-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #10
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
No one has suggested that your shocks are toast?

How many miles on them?
Old 01-18-2013, 07:08 AM   #11
ckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Cam
ckblum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post
No one has suggested that your shocks are toast?

How many miles on them?
Because shocks don't dictate ride height.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #12
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblum View Post
Because shocks don't dictate ride height.
Where did he talk about his current ride height? He talks about future springs, but not the current ride height.

All I see is that he is bottoming out easily: "eibachs are sagging, bottom out on the fender just taking speedbumps with 32" all terrains, the stockers 31" which i put back on for that issue have no rub on speedbumps."
Old 01-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #13

shocks control the bound, and rebound bounce. sure they effect the bound, but at what speed, as the actual weight is left to the springs. im looking at ome, but also at a rock assault from trail gear.

just frustrating, hope others can take notice of what im seeing.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #14
ckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Cam
ckblum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post
Where did he talk about his current ride height? He talks about future springs, but not the current ride height.

All I see is that he is bottoming out easily: "eibachs are sagging, bottom out on the fender just taking speedbumps with 32" all terrains, the stockers 31" which i put back on for that issue have no rub on speedbumps."
I just figured sagging meant a loss of ride height. My stock rears were sagging and I couldn't hold my dirt bike with out riding the bumps, I also lost an inch of ride height empty.

I just figured you were blaming his "sagginess" on worn shocks. Brand new springs and worn out shocks will have the same ride height as both spring with new shocks.