Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Deaver replacements?...

Old 01-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
MEMO CAMPOS is on a distinguished road

MEMO CAMPOS's Tacoma Gallery
Deaver replacements?...

So I've never been to fond of my 1.5" Deavers especially since I was once told that my deavers might of lost me .5" of up travel! The catch is I'm tied into 2.0 Icon resis. So I'm lookin' for a better pack that I can run with my Icons. Maybe even a little more lift and up travel. Thanks for your guy's input!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
Contact one of the members here "4WD". Read his post about "refurbishing leaf springs". You certainly will not find any solution in a box that beats his.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftree View Post
Contact one of the members here "4WD". Read his post about "refurbishing leaf springs". You certainly will not find any solution in a box that beats his.
So he finds ol' chevy springs and makes em' work with our trucks? Still working my way through his post... Thanks for replying!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:53 AM   #4
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Did you keep your Toyota springs, or know where to get a set cheap?
Old 01-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Did you keep your Toyota springs, or know where to get a set cheap?
I didnt keep my old ones but I can find some, whats on your mind? Thanks for your input!
Old 01-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
If you can get a useable set of Toyota springs cheap enough, follow Dougs "4WD"s ideas and assemble your own set of springs using salvaged springs or even have a local spring shop make new additional leaves to install into the Toyota pack.

I was able to Get the 3+1 TSB leaf pack upgrade for my truck, but the still felt inadequete, so I had a local spring shop build one leaf for 5 leaves total. I assmbled the springs and installed them with the help of a friend. I had about $130 total in mine, going with a spring shop instead of salvage.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #7

Quote:
If you can get a useable set of Toyota springs cheap enough, follow Dougs "4WD"s ideas and assemble your own set of springs using salvaged springs or even have a local spring shop make new additional leaves to install into the Toyota pack.

I was able to Get the 3+1 TSB leaf pack upgrade for my truck, but the still felt inadequete, so I had a local spring shop build one leaf for 5 leaves total. I assmbled the springs and installed them with the help of a friend. I had about $130 total in mine, going with a spring shop instead of salvage.
Bout how much lift did you get with this cocktale? And do you think I can still use my 2.0 Icon reais'?
Old 01-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMO CAMPOS View Post
Bout how much lift did you get with this cocktale? And do you think I can still use my 2.0 Icon reais'?
*resis'*
Old 01-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #9
4WD, Doug is the one to ask about lift. I was after load carrying, overall handling and concerned only about how far I had to lift something into the bed of the truck. Mine is a work truck.

I have fiberglass shell / bed cap and about 100# of bagged gravel for winter traction in the bed right now. I am probably ass high in the rear about an inch or so.

Just so you know, Doug will build you a very reasonably priced spring pack. I am not certain how close you are to him. He can ship also.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #10
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Yes Contact Doug ( 4WD) he will put a set together that will work amazingly.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #11
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
4WD, Doug is the one to ask about lift. I was after load carrying, overall handling and concerned only about how far I had to lift something into the bed of the truck. Mine is a work truck.

I have fiberglass shell / bed cap and about 100# of bagged gravel for winter traction in the bed right now. I am probably ass high in the rear about an inch or so.

Just so you know, Doug will build you a very reasonably priced spring pack. I am not certain how close you are to him. He can ship also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
Yes Contact Doug ( 4WD) he will put a set together that will work amazingly.

Always love hearing positive feedback guys thank you...