LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

compatible springs for 5100's

Old 01-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
Taco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant future
Name: JohnnyHildo
Taco Libre's Tacoma Gallery
compatible springs for 5100's

so i have a set of 5100's on the way and am looking to pair a new set of springs with them to give me the 2.5-3 inches of lift i've been wanting. being i live in mid-western canada the availability of suspension components is limited.
my question is basically what are my replacement options for springs to lift my truck for use with the billies?
Old 01-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
Taco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant future
i've been on a hard search for eibach's which as far as i can tell are now a toytec product so the availability is limited and the shipping is outrageously expensive... damn near as much as the springs themselves.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #4
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Libre View Post
...shipping is outrageously expensive... damn near as much as the springs themselves.
Not to sound cliché, but you have to pay to play. As far as I know, Eibach are not sold in Canada. Essex Distributors is the only source for Bilstein shocks in Canada. They also carry Eibach coils, but for performance car applications only.

Frank
Old 01-11-2013, 10:31 PM   #5
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You can get ARB / OME gear in Canada no problem , what about some 885's ?
Old 01-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #6
885's it is. i can still use the .85 setting on the 5100's for the extra little bit of lift correct? i was looking to get some dakars as add-a-leaf's aren't exactly available at every corner store either haha.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #7
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
885's it is. i can still use the .85 setting on the 5100's for the extra little bit of lift correct? i was looking to get some dakars as add-a-leaf's aren't exactly available at every corner store either haha.
Some do , but I wouldn't tecommend it , you would be better off with a 1/4" or 1/2" top plate spacer IMO
Old 01-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #8
right on man and thanks for the advice. time to go kill the bank account!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:58 AM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
right on man and thanks for the advice. time to go kill the bank account!
Check out OUIPACK for the OME stuff in Canada

Get the 1/4" spacers from Toytec
Old 01-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #10
isn't ARB synonymous with OME? if so there is a cap-it opening in a city near by that handle ARB according to the website.
i've actually contacted david bond from ouipack before about a full OME set-up but ended up kind of buying things as slowly instead of all at once.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #11
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
isn't ARB synonymous with OME? if so there is a cap-it opening in a city near by that handle ARB according to the website.
i've actually contacted david bond from ouipack before about a full OME set-up but ended up kind of buying things as slowly instead of all at once.
I was wondering the same thing.. everywhere I go and find ARB... it recommends OME suspension which I like both ( don't have b/c of finances) I wonder if its become just the normal of most overland enthusiasts
Old 01-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
ARB makes Old Man Emu ( OME ) suspension components

I've bought ARB / OME stuff at Cap it before and it tends to be more expensive than other vendors
Old 01-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #13
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
Not to sound cliché, but you have to pay to play. As far as I know, Eibach are not sold in Canada. Essex Distributors is the only source for Bilstein shocks in Canada. They also carry Eibach coils, but for performance car applications only.

Frank
Wrong... Essex is not the only choice for 5100's there are a couple Toyota dealers in western Canada that sell them. I got my from CT Motorsports in mississauga Ontario for way cheaper than anyone else in Canada could sell them for... Depending in where you are in Canada you may beat Essex or down south with shipping can be cheaper aswell.. The springs are another story I can't find anywhere else but Toytec
Old 01-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #14
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Check out OUIPACK for the OME stuff in Canada

Get the 1/4" spacers from Toytec
X2 they quoted me fast and pricing was good..
Old 01-13-2013, 12:18 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceTaco View Post
Wrong... Essex is not the only choice for 5100's there are a couple Toyota dealers in western Canada that sell them. I got my from CT Motorsports in mississauga Ontario for way cheaper than anyone else in Canada could sell them for... Depending in where you are in Canada you may beat Essex or down south with shipping can be cheaper aswell.. The springs are another story I can't find anywhere else but Toytec
agreed on both accounts. i bought my front and rear 5100's from bilstien canada and they honestly weren't horrible at $450 shipped to my door.
toytech seems to be the only vendor for eibach lift springs for tacomas. i'm not to upset by this if i can manage 885's from ouipack or cap-it depending on price.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:03 AM   #16
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceTaco View Post
The Toyota dealers and CT Motorsports probably got them from Essex... although I can't confirm that. And why do I say that...
Quote:
agreed on both accounts. i bought my front and rear 5100's from bilstien canada and they honestly weren't horrible at $450 shipped to my door.
toytech seems to be the only vendor for eibach lift springs for tacomas. i'm not to upset by this if i can manage 885's from ouipack or cap-it depending on price.
... because Essex is Bilstien Canada.

Frank
Old 01-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #17
Quote:
The Toyota dealers and CT Motorsports probably got them from Essex... although I can't confirm that. And why do I say that...

Frank
makes a lot of sense hahaha.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #18
Canadian Redneck

Quote:

Frank
That may be correct but ct motorsports was cheaper than Essex for me.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #19
RockyMountainYota is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
RockyMountainYota's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to find this so late guys, I work at cochrane toyota and stock most suspension parts you have talked about above. Give me an email, kgeorge@cochranetoyota.com, would be glad to help you out with ur build!
See u on the trails!