Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Regarding Bilstein 5100/AAL

Old 01-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #1
Phrosty is on a distinguished road
Name: Taylor
Phrosty's Tacoma Gallery
Regarding Bilstein 5100/AAL

Before I order this, I'd like to check to make sure that what I am ordering is what I need for a 2.5 inch lift front and 1.5 AAL rear if it will make the truck completely level, I have a 10' double cab. From what I've read, with this set-up, I can run 285/75/16 on it with some trimming.. I plan on getting Hankook Dynapro ATM's and I'd be running stock wheels for the time being..would that work with trimming? Thanks guys, and below is what I *think* will be needed to achieve a solid level lift for the truck to fit 33in tires, let me know if I'm right or wrong and anything else I should know.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Old 01-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #2
I'm A Grinder
pivey14 has a spectacular aura aboutpivey14 has a spectacular aura aboutpivey14 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Patrick
pivey14's Tacoma Gallery

^^^This^^^

If you set the 5100 billies to 2.5 with stock coils your truck will ride like shit. If you put Eibach coils on the billies set @ .85 you will achieve 2.5" and a great ride. As for the rear AAL, you can do the 1.5" TSB AAL, although this is a better option http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-47...-leaf-kit.html (And yes, this will level your truck completely)

As for the tires, you may have to do a cab mount chop. unless you're an extreme off-roader, than they won't rub that much if at all after removing mud flaps, and some trimming.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
Phrosty's Tacoma Gallery
I don't extreme off-road, hoping trimming and just removing the mud flaps will be enough.
Do I have to have the TSB done to get the 1.5" AAL? I am unsure whether or not I have it..

Is it really that bad of a ride? I'd like to save $300 if I can..if the difference is that huge, I'd bite the bullet and buy them with the springs, though.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly I don't think it's that bad when the billies are set on 2.5

I've got a reg can so weight may be a huge contributing factor. It's stiff but i don't feel like I'm getting beat up.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #5
The Ayatollah of Asshollah
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
The stock UCA's at that height may not allow the front to be properly aligned. There is much here about alignment and how high you can go. The common rule of thumb is no higher than 1.85 on the front billies BUT, i have seen a DBCB that was 2.5 or 3.0 on stock UCA's and the owner said he didn't have a problem gettin the front to align.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #6
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
I did shock at 2.5 and 2in AAl and had no alignment issues.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #7
The Ayatollah of Asshollah
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
I have billies set at 1.85 on stock coils and i would say the ride is stiffer than i would like.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #9
Phrosty's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys with stock coils for chiming in. Sounds like ill be fine with the 5100's raised to 2.5...I don't mind a stiffer ride. I use the truck for a DD, dirt roads, and pulling my bass boat. No extreme off-roading.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #10
Is it June yet
jmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant future

Name: O.I.C.
jmast's Tacoma Gallery
bass boat?
florida?

Those words put together make my thumb tingle
Old 01-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #11
Phrosty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmast View Post
bass boat?
florida?

Those words put together make my thumb tingle
Hahaha we just bought a new Ranger Z119..lot of fun man.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #12
tsuhrke is on a distinguished road
tsuhrke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pivey14 View Post

^^^This^^^

If you set the 5100 billies to 2.5 with stock coils your truck will ride like shit. If you put Eibach coils on the billies set @ .85 you will achieve 2.5" and a great ride. As for the rear AAL, you can do the 1.5" TSB AAL, although this is a better option http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-47...-leaf-kit.html (And yes, this will level your truck completely)

As for the tires, you may have to do a cab mount chop. unless you're an extreme off-roader, than they won't rub that much if at all after removing mud flaps, and some trimming.
I measured the front and rear of my 2011 TRD Off Road (stock all around) and the difference in height was 3" on both. I ordered the 5100's, planning to set them at 2.5, and a 1.5" add a leaf from Toytec. I'm assuming, unless I'm missing something, that my truck would not be level. I ordered the 5100's and the add-a-leaf with the plan of a level truck. Anyone had a similar situation?