Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

1" rear block.. Experience with, not opinions.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
1" rear block.. Experience with, not opinions.

So I am putting a 1" rear block on my 12 dbl cab sport.
I have seen a few people with them and no complaints. Just lookig to hear from more people on there experience with them.

Again I don't want to here from everyone who hasn't had 1" blocks talk shit about them I am asking for people with experience good or bad with 1" not more than 1" just 1"..... Again that's 1"... I agree I would not use anything more than a 1" block...

Thanks!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
fourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of light

fourbyfour's Tacoma Gallery
They're amazing, best lift on the market, haha, jk. What do you really want to hear? They're good if you don't intend to be doing any real 4x4ing or using your truck to haul anything other than the kids to soccer practice. Some say they'll make your leafs sag sooner but I didn't experience that in the few years I had one on a dodge
Old 01-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
For purely appearance, it's fine. Keep in mind the stock 4-leaf pack isn't all that good. If you haul heavy loads, get OME Dakars.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
For purely appearance, it's fine. Keep in mind the stock 4-leaf pack isn't all that good. If you haul heavy loads, get OME Dakars.
This
Old 01-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #5
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 1'' block and it was great! it didn't give me ANY axle wrap, or any kind of grief whatsoever.

I now have a 2'' block, and am trying to find new shocks to fit, and have a slight vibration when braking.

even if you're doing some light wheeling, the 1'' block is completely fine.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #6
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
As sad as it is my truck is a street queen.. It pulls a trailer with my sled sometimes.. Has some shit in the box here and there.. It will never be 4x4'd hard.. Dirt trails to camping spots and fishing spots that's about it.

Not look looking to hear anything either way other than real experiences I know everyone shits on blocks and spacers but I can't find anything terrible about a 1 " rear.. so it seemed like the best option for my use..
If I wanted higher I would get a complete new leaf pack
Old 01-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #7
Boost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to all

Name: Billy
Boost JuNkY's Tacoma Gallery
I have one along with 3" Allpro leaf pack. They work alright, Only thing I dont like is it limits the uptravel an inch because it raises the bumpstops an inch.
If you dont care about that then its not an issue.
But if you have no other plans for the rear, Id get an add a leaf instead. Itll help you with payload and stability. The stock leaf pack is quite mushy IMO.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #8
Negative1 will become famous soon enough

Negative1's Tacoma Gallery
I used a 1.5" and it was perfectly fine and saw alot of offroading too.
Nothing like crazy rock crawling and super flex, but still some fairly agressive offroad fun without any issues.

I would totally use it again if I just need that 1 or 1.5" in the ass end.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #11
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
I used 3.5" blocks for 2 years. I liked them just fine. I see trucks in my shop everyday with blocks from the factory as well. Talking about HD 4x4 full size trucks of course.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #12
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
i had a 1" block on my old tundra for a year.i never took it offroad but did some camping and gravel fire trails with it. no problems.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #13
TheHansen is on a distinguished road

TheHansen's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a 1" block because my 1.5" aal sagged down to being maybe .75" of lift. Works fine, and yes i wheel my truck on occasion.

I will probably be getting ome dakars in the future though. The stock leaf pack is just no good. (i have the 3 leaf)
Old 01-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #14
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Its 1", theres not much to worry about at all other that lose of uptravel (already mentioned).
Old 01-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #15
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
By the way I got a brand new pair of Dakars that I'll be selling soon for $360 if anyones interested. Hit me up
Old 01-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballersoucant View Post
whats the lift on theses?
2.75"

Sorry OP not trying to thread jack
Old 01-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #18
TRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud of
TRD Toy85's Tacoma Gallery
I have 1" lift blocks going in soon in my 2013, they are sitting in my garage waiting to be installed.
I've used lift blocks on previous trucks and so have my friends. Ive never had any issues, though my trucks are always more show and never get wheeled much.

It all depends on waht youll be using you rig for IMO.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #19
jcjr73 is on a distinguished road
Name: John
jcjr73's Tacoma Gallery
If you use blocks what is better: Steel, Aluminum or cast iron?