Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OK. Lets hear it (suspension upgrade)

Old 01-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
northern cal is on a distinguished road
northern cal's Tacoma Gallery
OK. Lets hear it (suspension upgrade)

Lets hear what you all think of this to replace the all ProComp set I have now.

Fox extended travel coilover w/remote up front
King 2.5 w/remote rear +1"-2"
Total Chaos or Camburg 1.25 upper arms
Icon leaf pack

Also is there any interfearance issues with this I should know about?
Old 01-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #2
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
That's a great setup! Very similar to mine, except I have extended King coilovers with compression adjusters and Camburg ball joint uca's.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribing....

I don't know enough to comment on your selection, but I'm thinking of something similar except all Icon, and not as heavy duty.

Icon 2.5" ET coilover
Icon tubular UCA
Icon 2.0 RR rear shocks
Icon 1.5" AAL

Always looking to see what others are doing. I could be swayed to do something else myself. Only looking for 1.5" total lift with factory rake but improved performance is key.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #4
I was also thinking of all Icon till I saw some scary looking photos and posts of broken top plates here on the forum. one also had a busted shock tower. My guess is they were getting air or pounding hard but Holy &$^*.

Tacomanator, how are you liking your setup? What do you have out back? Also looks like some rough cutting was done in the wheel well. Whats going on there?
Old 01-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #5
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The wheel well isn't cut, I had to bend it quite a bit to install the uca's, then pound it back into place. It's a step everyone has to do when installing uca's. Some people just make it look prettier than others.

In the rear I have 2.5" Kings with remote reseis at stock height. Icon AAL to come soon...

I'm really happy with the setup. Rides nice on the street and soaks up the bumps in the dirt.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #6

Old 01-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #7
Zilla has a spectacular aura aboutZilla has a spectacular aura about
Name: snah
Zilla's Tacoma Gallery
rade bro
Old 01-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #8
[QUOTE=northern cal;6270905]I was also thinking of all Icon till I saw some scary looking photos and posts of broken top plates here on the forum. one also had a busted shock tower. My guess is they were getting air or pounding hard but Holy &$^*.

Just got off the phone with Icon and they say that the top cap has been replaced with a redesigned version.

Now I'm back to thinking of an Icon all Icon sset up.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:01 AM   #9
So I think I've decided on the Icon stage 4 kit from down south. Anyone have some honest feed back on this kit I'd love to hear it.