Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME 885 and 5100s

Old 01-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
Tacoma414 is on a distinguished road

Name: Cody
Tacoma414's Tacoma Gallery
OME 885 and 5100s

So I'm ordering that setup soon from toytec, do I need anything else? And how do I mount them?

Thanks
Old 01-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
:Sigh:
Are you ordering them pre assembled? You will want a 1/4 top plate spacer for the drivers side to correct taco lean. Try searching, start with the stickies. ill help you out.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...g-removal.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...checklist.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ps-advice.html
Old 01-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
No they don't come preassembled.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #6
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma414 View Post
I don't know, do they come assembled or what I'm not sure
Sorry if i come off as being a dick, but try do some research before starting a thread. I have no problems answering your questions but if you literally look at toytecs website for a few minutes you will see that you can have them pre assembled for $100. It will make the install much easier because you dont have to deal with spring compressors. You should also consider UCAs if you are trying to lift a full 3". Read thru some threads and stickies and you will be able to ask more specific questions and more people will be willing to give you advice
Old 01-14-2013, 09:41 PM   #8

Ok I don't need help mounting them and I ask simple questions because when it comes to asking certain specific questions everyone has a bunch of different opinions so it makes it so complicated, I called toytec and asked If all I needed was the coils as shocks and she said yes so Im making sure on here cause there's way more input then 1 lady that sounded like she didn't know, so your not being a dick but I wanted to make sure

Khaos- when are you putting them on?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:50 AM   #9
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I still need to order the 5100s. I've been on here awhile and think its gonna be a great combo for my truck.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:38 AM   #10

Yeah I think so to, I'm not getting the 885xs cause Im gonna get a little more lift then I want and if they sag a little it will be perfect, let me know how it goes with them
Old 01-15-2013, 02:53 AM   #11

Quote:
Yeah I think so to, I'm not getting the 885xs cause Im gonna get a little more lift then I want and if they sag a little it will be perfect, let me know how it goes with them
Try 884x then. All the vendors sell 885x now, you will have to find them used if you want the old 885s
Old 01-15-2013, 04:16 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyTec Lifts View Post
Just as I thought, I just wanted to make sure, the X is the new spring material that is suppose to not sag as easily. The lift amount is pretty much the same and the x spring is the only spring we carry at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyTec Lifts View Post
Because all we have is the newer style spring.
This is from 2010, original post can be found here. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toy...5-vs-885x.html. Just trying to make sure you are informed before you purchase anything.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:25 AM   #14

You can probably expect 2.5 inches of lift or more from 885x's. 884x's will be closer to 2-2 1/4"
Old 01-15-2013, 04:33 AM   #15
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
markmatters's Tacoma Gallery
have some OME 885X that were on my truck for roughly 3K...I decided to change my setup. Good price and oh, i'll throw the 1/4 in spacer for free.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:20 AM   #16
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Toytec said they aren't the Xs on their site
They are all " X. " now , unless they are selling old stock
Old 01-15-2013, 11:54 PM   #17

How would I assemble the shocks if I bought the springs off you and shocks off toytec then?

And the lady said they aren't 885xs
Old 01-16-2013, 04:44 AM   #18

Quote:
How would I assemble the shocks if I bought the springs off you and shocks off toytec then?

And the lady said they aren't 885xs
Thats strange, i might be wrong but you should double check that.
For the shocks/springs follow the stickies is the suspension section to remove the coilover assembly. Chris4x4 an bj moose have good ones. Then take it apart

Safest way- bring the stocks ones and new ones to a shop have them do it.

Safe way- rent, buy, borrow spring compressors. Compress the stock spring, remove the top not nut, take off top plate. Slowly decompress the coils. Pay attention to how it went together, assemble the new ones using the stock top plate in the reverse order using your spring compressor.

Not so safe way- no spring compressor method http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=vkVLB...%3DvkVLBOnAifc