Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME Lift Tweaking

Old 01-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
AllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to behold
AllMountainToy's Tacoma Gallery
OME Lift Tweaking

I have been reading multiple forums regarding the OME 3" lift (the 2.5" with the .5" toytec spacers) and dakar leaf pack in the rear.

Since I installed it this past weekend, I like the look and stance it gives however there are a few things leading me to think it may be sitting me too high.
1. I am 24" center hub to bottom of fender (front and back).
2. UCA is rubbing my coil on Passenger side with droop.
3. I now have a take off shudder in the rear

I have already ordered the LR UCAs to help with the spacing between UCA and coil. I ordered the CB 1/2" drop (I know this may not do anything but wanted to rule it out).
I am definitely putting in the new UCA but regardless, I am considering doing the following:

1. Remove 3rd leaf from top on Dakar pack to reduce the amount of lift
2. Once leaf removed, remove the 1/2" toytec spacer

Any thoughts on my this approach? Anyone running this?

Thank you
Old 01-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Do #2

# 1 is optional if you are concerned about too much rake , but 24" hub to fender in the rear is a bit under what I would have expected you to get on a DC , 24 1/2" is average for DC

Did you install axle shims ?
Old 01-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #3
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Give the lift more time to settle. If you can, haul some weight in your bed to speed the process. Also, the take off shudder is something you will have to play with trial and error. Either it be dropping or flipping the CB or putting in axle shims. You may just have to find a happy spot where you can tolerate a certain amount of vibration, or, hopefully, eliminate all vibrations. Good Luck
Old 01-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #4
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
answer posts from reply one and two... next suggestion is solid drive shaft vs 2 peice thats my next purchase...eventually after...................... the list
Old 01-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #5
AllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Do #2

# 1 is optional if you are concerned about too much rake , but 24" hub to fender in the rear is a bit under what I would have expected you to get on a DC , 24 1/2" is average for DC

You are dead on. My rear is 24.5. The other day when you were helping me, the front was 24.5 as well but as of this morning it was 24 even. I do prefer a level stance but realize it is a truck.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
Give the lift more time to settle. If you can, haul some weight in your bed to speed the process. Also, the take off shudder is something you will have to play with trial and error. Either it be dropping or flipping the CB or putting in axle shims. You may just have to find a happy spot where you can tolerate a certain amount of vibration, or, hopefully, eliminate all vibrations. Good Luck
Thanks! I need to be patient. Will try multiple things
Old 01-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Do #2

No axle shims. Do you have them? Vibes?
Old 01-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #8
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMountainToy View Post
No axle shims. Do you have them? Vibes?
Yes , I have 3* axle shims , I have a vibe but it was there prior to the lift