Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #2061
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome back oz
Old 06-20-2013, 07:43 AM   #2062
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Actually I don't give a fuck if people remove their sway bar , I'm just not going to remove mine
lol
Old 06-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #2063
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Actually I don't give a fuck if people remove their sway bar , I'm just not going to remove mine
OZ, we talked about this. You care, and that's why so many TW members like you and trust your advice.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #2064
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
OZ, we talked about this. You care, and that's why so many TW members like you and trust your advice.
I don't want to roll my truck , but I wouldn't stand in anybody's way if that's what they wanted to do with their own rig
Old 06-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #2065
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't want to roll my truck , but I wouldn't stand in anybody's way if that's what they wanted to do with their own rig
I'm with you, think I'll stick with the relocation kit!
Old 06-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #2066
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
And I just realized that Wheelers (and me) forgot to get the axle shims. Hopefully I don't have any vibrations. I had planned on just throwing them on during the install just in case but now looks like I'll be doing the opposite. Good thing I ordered those damn centre pin collars!
Old 06-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #2067
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
And I just realized that Wheelers (and me) forgot to get the axle shims. Hopefully I don't have any vibrations. I had planned on just throwing them on during the install just in case but now looks like I'll be doing the opposite. Good thing I ordered those damn centre pin collars!
Put the collars on even if you don't add the shims now
Old 06-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #2068
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why is everyone so against their sway bar?
Old 06-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #2069

Air Force:
Quote:
Put the collars on even if you don't add the shims now
Good idea...then i can just create space later to slide the shims in without removing more than I have to.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #2070
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
It reduces the ability of the IFS to work as it should off road. It helps keep the truck level while cornering on pavement. I'm running 886s with spacers, and have found that I don't require my sway as my springs are stiff enough to keep body roll down.

Quote:
Good idea...then i can just create space later to slide the shims in without removing more than I have to.
Yup!
Old 06-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #2071
NateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
NateTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Survey

OP, this has been an awesome thread. I keep coming back and reading through this thread as there is so much info. To help consolidate the info, I created a quick google doc survey. Maybe in addition to people posting info they could fill out this survey. I'll probably go in and fill in what people have already shared and make the results publicly available. Just an idea.

Survey (Click to take survey)

Survey Results (Click to view results)
Old 06-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #2073

Some pass Nate a beer!
Old 06-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #2074
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateTRD View Post
OP, this has been an awesome thread. I keep coming back and reading through this thread as there is so much info. To help consolidate the info, I created a quick google doc survey. Maybe in addition to people posting info they could fill out this survey. I'll probably go in and fill in what people have already shared and make the results publicly available. Just an idea.

Sick!
Old 06-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #2075
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
love not having a sway bar, off road advantage is night & day. I've done 55-60 around some sweeping turn with no issues, only thing I've noticed is once a tire catches a groove it likes to stay with it.

I've been 160mph in a mustang with no sway bar, that's going straight of course.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #2076
Last Straw of Brittfartikus
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
At least two of us aren't.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #2077
pbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura about

Name: Colton
pbcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's the point of the relocate, it moves it so it doesn't contact the springs. I haven't installed mine yet but there's a thread on here about it....looks super easy and can be done at anytime.
Any pictures of it installed? I will be putting mine on this weekend. The sway bar is supposed to be relocated further front right?
Old 06-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #2078

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbcolt View Post
Any pictures of it installed? I will be putting mine on this weekend. The sway bar is supposed to be relocated further front right?
Yes , forward

Like mya

Installed my sway bar relocates

Old 06-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #2079

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateTRD View Post

Awesome survey but I'm on there twice and I only filled it out once
Old 06-21-2013, 06:32 AM   #2080
NateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
NateTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Awesome survey but I'm on there twice and I only filled it out once
Oz, you're in there twice because I was entering people's info from earlier in the thread. I'll take out the entry I did for you.

Products Discussed in this Thread