Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #221
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagledynasty View Post
The top plate spacer is 3/4" of lift.

I think the taco lean spacer is 1/4" an should be used with any shock, may be wrong on that though.
Top plate spacers come in different thicknesses, 1/4 should take care of tacolean I was refering to the OME trim packer for taco lean, only works with OME.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #222
Tacoma414 is on a distinguished road

Name: Cody
Tacoma414's Tacoma Gallery
That's what I thought as far as the trim packer, so I think I'm gonna go with the 884s, 5100s all around and call it a day
Old 01-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #223
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma414 View Post
That's what I thought as far as the trim packer, so I think I'm gonna go with the 884s, 5100s all around and call it a day
You'll be happy. It will probably make you sit .5" more in the front. But its an estimate. Every truck is different.

Just put a ton of weight in the bed to make it sit lower
Old 01-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #225
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma414 View Post
I would say thats a good choice, 885s would be a little much but that is just my opinion, to me the only time a tacoma looks nice with major bro lean is full long travel. Your pushing it with 885s also, the higher you go the more need for aftermarket UCAs. I still think you should go measure before purchasing anything. Or do what Pugga said and do a spindle lift with AAL
Old 01-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #226
Burgess65 is on a distinguished road
Burgess65's Tacoma Gallery
I'm about to put on the OME lift with the 885X coils from Toytec for my 08 access cab and I was wondering whether I should install the top plate spacer (.5 inch) or not. The back has the 1.5 inch aal. I am wanting my truck to sit more or less level and would like to avoid the front tilting upward at all. I have searched around but haven't found a definitive answer. Any thoughts/comments would be great!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #227
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgess65 View Post
I'm about to put on the OME lift with the 885X coils from Toytec for my 08 access cab and I was wondering whether I should install the top plate spacer (.5 inch) or not. The back has the 1.5 inch aal. I am wanting my truck to sit more or less level and would like to avoid the front tilting upward at all. I have searched around but haven't found a definitive answer. Any thoughts/comments would be great!
Not
Old 01-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #228
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Thanks, good to now, after i typed that i pretty much realized it was the bushings. I didn't pry down on the very hard at all. I was cautious after reading bjmooses right up, i think he had an issue caused by prying down on the LCA to hard.
I think BJM's problem was bending the LCA alignment tabs while prying.

This seems a good time to mention pulling the LCA alignment cams and lubing them with heavy grease. If you're going to do that anyway, having the bolts loose during shock installation makes even more sense.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #229
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Not
What about potential sag? Or was the sagging relieved after the ome using the x model springs?
Old 01-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I think BJM's problem was bending the LCA alignment tabs while prying.

This seems a good time to mention pulling the LCA alignment cams and lubing them with heavy grease. If you're going to do that anyway, loosening the bolts during shock installation makes even more sense.
Yes it probably would. I removed my UCA to install the shocks because i installed LR UCAs, so i decided not to mess with the LCAs. It didn't take much force at all to get the shock/spring in place. If i felt like i was prying to hard i would have loosened the bolts. Thats good advice though
Old 01-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #231
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What about potential sag? Or was the sagging relieved after the ome using the x model springs?
The x models resist sagging more than the previous versions.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #232
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They won't sag
Old 01-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #233

Quote:
I would be more worried about the leaf springs sagging than the 885s. I say skip the spacer. Or get a 2" AAL if you want the spacers for a little more height.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #234
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Yes it probably would. I removed my UCA to install the shocks because i installed LR UCAs, so i decided not to mess with the LCAs. It didn't take much force at all to get the shock/spring in place. If i felt like i was prying to hard i would have loosened the bolts. Thats good advice though
MY2009?
Connecticut?

Don't be surprised if your LCA cams and bushings are already on their way out. Check out XXXX's LCA threads for more information; great stuff.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #235
Quote:
They won't sag
So without the spacer, I should be at 3 inches of lift with the 885s? Sorry if these seem like dumb questions. I don't want to have to get it all installed and regret not installing the spacers.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #236

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So without the spacer, I should be at 3 inches of lift with the 885s? Sorry if these seem like dumb questions. I don't want to have to get it all installed and regret not installing the spacers.
With an AC you should be close , another option is to use 1/4" spacers
Old 01-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #237

Quote:
I got about 2.5 inches of lift on my access cab from 885s (pics on first page ) but most access cabs seem to get a little more from what i have read.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #238
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You can actually install toytecs tp14 spacers with the stock studs so at least you won't have to breakdown the strut again.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #239
Quote:
With an AC you should be close , another option is to use 1/4" spacers
Lol. I wish that would have been an option from toytec when i bought it.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
MY2009?
Connecticut?

Don't be surprised if your LCA cams and bushings are already on their way out. Check out XXXX's LCA threads for more information; great stuff.
Got an alignment with no issues a month or two ago. What do you mean my 2009? Yes i bought it used from a dealer in CT

Products Discussed in this Thread