Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #2921
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
255/85/16
X3. Wish I had gone a tad skinnier on mine.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:49 PM   #2922
B4nn3d
jetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant future

Name: Aren
jetta.the.hut's Tacoma Gallery
Ok finally got the funding to get the struts mounts so I can just pull out the old stuff and put these in. But from the kit I see no nuts included, wonder what size and thread I need.
http://www.autopartsnetwork.com/sm56.../ad8_egaXuJnEZ

I've got a friend who has a hydraulic spring compressor so he said he compress them and install the caps but I'll need new nuts for it. I guess I could buy some from advance but I'd rather have the black coated nuts to prevent rust
Old 10-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #2923
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetta.the.hut View Post
I guess I could buy some from advance but I'd rather have the black coated nuts to prevent rust
If you're referring to black oxide coated nuts, that coating isn't very corrosion resistant. A Grade 8 nut has better plating, and will be more than strong enough for the application.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:28 AM   #2924
m.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant future

Air Force:
Name: Adam
m.reed.1's Tacoma Gallery
is anyone running OME 885's on a prerunner DCSB?
Old 10-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #2925
B4nn3d
jetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant future

Name: Aren
jetta.the.hut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.reed.1 View Post
is anyone running OME 885's on a prerunner DCSB?
Getting ready too. If i can get someone to answer my other thread about strut mounts. The 885's with a 1/4 spacer will give me the height i want but i also plan on changing my UCA's as soon as my stuff sells. If i had to do it all over and hadn't bought the OME's i'd be doing a spindle lift instead.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #2926
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
seemed to have run into an issue...with dual batteries, my bumper, skids, sliders, and fullsize(255/85) spare, looks like my driver side lean has returned even with the 5mm trim packer.

would adding a 1/4" spacer or making a custom larger trim packer be a potential fix?

I have 886x springs and it doesn't look like it's been done.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #2928
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How much lean ?
Curious as well since going to have a similar set up...
Old 10-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #2930
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
luka's Tacoma Gallery
I moved my spare to the passenger side in the bed, so ~80lb shift,

front right is ~23 1/8
front left is ~ 22 7/8 - 23
both rears were ~ balls on 25

also, going into driveways and such, my driver side rubs the plastic where the mud flaps used to be, passenger side does not.

so i'm looking for probably 1/4" correction to account for my weight while driving.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #2931
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
I moved my spare to the passenger side in the bed, so ~80lb shift,

front right is ~23 1/8
front left is ~ 22 7/8 - 23
both rears were ~ balls on 25

also, going into driveways and such, my driver side rubs the plastic where the mud flaps used to be, passenger side does not.

so i'm looking for probably 1/4" correction to account for my weight while driving.
Hows your alignment ?

IDK why you couldn't stack another trim packer on the driver's side to gain 1/4" - 3/8"!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #2932
a name known to all
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hows your alignment ?

IDK why you couldn't stack another trim packer on the driver's side to gain 1/4" - 3/8"!
like another 5mm? i could make a 10mm packer at work next time I go back in.

my alignment is good thanks to my LR-UCAs, its all within factory spec.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #2933
JCRD is on a distinguished road

JCRD's Tacoma Gallery
I received my OME kit this morning, I plan to install it next week without aftermarket UCA and analyze my alignment numbers. If it's not good I will buy LR UCA. ARB Canada guy said that it will not be necessary to change, my wallet hopes that he is right...
Attached Thumbnails
Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures-img_0456_small.jpg   Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures-img_0458_small.jpg  
Old 10-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #2934
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCRD View Post
I received my OME kit this morning, I plan to install it next week without aftermarket UCA and analyze my alignment numbers. If it's not good I will buy LR UCA. ARB Canada guy said that it will not be necessary to change, my wallet hopes that he is right...
Sweet, good luck!
Old 10-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #2935
usmcmax is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Andrew
usmcmax's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered

Just placed my order with Wheelers Offroad for my OME setup with 886 coils and LR UCA's. Dan was a big help- now I just need to get back from Afghanistan so I can put this shit on my truck!
Old 10-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #2936
sodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant future

sodoscott's Tacoma Gallery
ok here is some pic i have i got my full suspension from wheelers offroad . left one is bone stock.i got OME Complete 2005-Current Tacoma Lift System with NitroCharger Sport Shocks
Attached Thumbnails
Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures-2013-09-07-18.29.30.jpg   Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures-2013-09-07-18.28.36.jpg  
Old 10-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #2937
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcmax View Post
Just placed my order with Wheelers Offroad for my OME setup with 886 coils and LR UCA's. Dan was a big help- now I just need to get back from Afghanistan so I can put this shit on my truck!
Nice! Good luck, make it home safe and post pics after the install,
Old 10-06-2013, 05:32 AM   #2938
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcmax View Post
Nice! Good luck man, stay safe over there so you can get back and enjoy that nice new suspension!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodoscott View Post
ok here is some pic i have i got my full suspension from wheelers offroad . left one is bone stock.i got OME Complete 2005-Current Tacoma Lift System with NitroCharger Sport Shocks
Looks good!
Old 10-06-2013, 05:59 AM   #2939
Digger2 is on a distinguished road
Digger2's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys I have a full ome 886 and dakar lift on my truck. It's got a arb bumper sliders,full armor. I'm running 285/70R17 Duratracs on stock trd sport rims with spidertrax spacers and stock UCAs. My problem is that my steering wheel shakes pretty bad left to right while driving around 55mph,but then tends to smooth out at like 75mph. The truck tracks perfectly straight when u let go of the wheel, but tends to be a little "darty" when lane changes are made. I don't really feel a shake in the truck just in the steering wheel. I've had the wheels balanced 2x and the alignment checked 2x. The alignment numbers are all at 0 including caster as the shop said that's the best they could get. I've ordered camburg balljoint UCAs hoping this will resolve the shaking with getting some caster back. Am I on the right track or am I missing something. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:09 AM   #2940

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger2 View Post
Hey guys I have a full ome 886 and dakar lift on my truck. It's got a arb bumper sliders,full armor. I'm running 285/70R17 Duratracs on stock trd sport rims with spidertrax spacers and stock UCAs. My problem is that my steering wheel shakes pretty bad left to right while driving around 55mph,but then tends to smooth out at like 75mph. The truck tracks perfectly straight when u let go of the wheel, but tends to be a little "darty" when lane changes are made. I don't really feel a shake in the truck just in the steering wheel. I've had the wheels balanced 2x and the alignment checked 2x. The alignment numbers are all at 0 including caster as the shop said that's the best they could get. I've ordered camburg balljoint UCAs hoping this will resolve the shaking with getting some caster back. Am I on the right track or am I missing something. Any input would be appreciated.
You need caster to be at about 3 degrees, not zero. That's probably a lot of your problem. The new UCAs will definitely help you get there.

I don't think it'll fix the shake though. My truck has always had a bit of a shake, pretty sure it's my wheels just being VERY difficult to get a good balance on.

Products Discussed in this Thread