Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #3241
Quebeker
elclem21 is a jewel in the roughelclem21 is a jewel in the roughelclem21 is a jewel in the rough

Canadian Army:
Name: Clément
elclem21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Did everybody get centre pin collars in case they need to use axle shims with their Dakars ?
I know Toytec includes them with their set of shims.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #3242
bellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to behold

Army:
bellero's Tacoma Gallery
It looks amazing Clem, now you just need bigger rubbers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elclem21 View Post

Old 12-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #3243
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know Toytec includes them with their set of shims.
no they don't include collars unless that's a new thing
Old 12-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #3244
Quebeker
elclem21 is a jewel in the roughelclem21 is a jewel in the roughelclem21 is a jewel in the rough

Canadian Army:
Quote:
no they don't include collars unless that's a new thing
My bad, I looked too fast, I skipped a word .
Old 12-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #3245
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalTRD View Post
Hi guys, im ordering the full OME kit from toytec before the sale ends today.
Going with 885 coils, top plate spacer, LR UCA's, rock shields, Dakar rear leafs.

I added the FK29 to the kit since it wasnt included, is there anything else I should order with this kit?
I see some mention of bushings for the dakars and a set of shims?
longer center pins

Quote:
Did everybody get centre pin collars in case they need to use axle shims with their Dakars ?
and like OZ said.. put the center pin collars in while your there in-case you have to put shims under the leaf pack
Old 12-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #3247
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD6Speed View Post
http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...ims_p_358.html

I grabbed these with my order. Do I need something else too?
No , that style doesn't need collars
Old 12-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #3248
Quebeker

Canadian Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD6Speed View Post
http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...ims_p_358.html

I grabbed these with my order. Do I need something else too?
Maybe the driveshaft carrier bearing drop kit, but this can easily be done with some washers from home depot !!!
Old 12-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #3249
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe the driveshaft carrier bearing drop kit, but this can easily be done with some washers from home depot !!!
I got that too 12 bux didn't break the bank.

Got the shims, cb drop, and flip kit while I was at it.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #3250
Quebeker

Canadian Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellero View Post
It looks amazing Clem, now you just need bigger rubbers!
Comming this spring, for now I will run my 265/70-17 winter tires.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #3251
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Comming this spring, for now I will run my 265/70-17 winter tires.
Im in the same boat............will have to rock the 265's for a bit until my wallet can recuperate from its beating this weekend. Prob a spring purchase for me as well. Not a huge deal as I don't feel like tackling the CB chop and trimming right now which I will prob need to do unless I find that magic combo of wheels and tires some guys seem to find.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #3252
Hunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 1LT, Infantry (11A)
Name: Hunter
Hunter.V.White's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered the full kit from ToyTec!

886x coils
Complete Dakar leaf pack
TC UCA's
Extended Brake Lines
U-Bolt Flip Kit
Sway Bar Relocate Kit

The plan is to put on 285/75/R16 Duratracs for the winter driving here. I also plan to add more armor and a winch in the spring after I rebound from this expenditure (thus the 886x coils).

I'm hoping to do the install myself with some help from some guys I work with. I can't wait to get it on my truck!
Old 12-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #3253
machineman89 will become famous soon enough

Name: Matthew
machineman89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter.V.White View Post

886x coils
Complete Dakar leaf pack
TC UCA's
Extended Brake Lines
U-Bolt Flip Kit
Sway Bar Relocate Kit

The plan is to put on 285/70/R17 Duratracs for the winter driving here. I also plan to add more armor and a winch in the spring after I rebound from this expenditure (thus the 886x coils).

I'm hoping to do the install myself with some help from some guys I work with. I can't wait to get it on my truck!
I envy you... lol Congrats, iam holding off right now n considering goin LT n keep around the same level of lift
Old 12-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #3254
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter.V.White View Post

886x coils
Complete Dakar leaf pack
TC UCA's
Extended Brake Lines
U-Bolt Flip Kit
Sway Bar Relocate Kit

The plan is to put on 285/75/R16 Duratracs for the winter driving here. I also plan to add more armor and a winch in the spring after I rebound from this expenditure (thus the 886x coils).

That's how I built mine up. You'll like the 886s without the armor in pavement around corners, not so much flex though. I added armor and deleted the sway. Had to install the 1/2" top plate spacer to reduce rake then. Just finally got in the LR UCAs.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #3255
PreRunner
stitch is on a distinguished road

Army: ch-47 TI
Name: Erick
stitch's Tacoma Gallery
I have read a lot of threads here and the OME sounds great except for one thing, the Dakar curse. I, as most people I assume, cant stand squeaking. Has any body been able to permanently rid this problem? One more thing, I know the lift settles after awhile. After it settles at around 2in, is it still recommended to get a upgraded UCA?
Old 12-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #3256
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch View Post
I have read a lot of threads here and the OME sounds great except for one thing, the Dakar curse. I, as most people I assume, cant stand squeaking. Has any body been able to permanently rid this problem? One more thing, I know the lift settles after awhile. After it settles at around 2in, is it still recommended to get a upgraded UCA?
Squeak fix: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post3371352
Old 12-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #3257
PreRunner

stitch's Tacoma Gallery
Thx la0d0g for the sight, from what I read there it that there really is not perma fix. I assume due to the quality of the leafs that the squeak is worth it. All I want is a stronger leaf pack, I don't care about lift, actually 2 in would be max I would want. im only replacing my factory leafs cause they are rain bowing with no weight in the bed and the factory replacements are really expensive with the tendency to break. Any suggestions would be very helpful.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #3258
PreRunner

stitch's Tacoma Gallery
By the way, la0d0g, I love your truck.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #3259

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch View Post
Thx la0d0g for the sight, from what I read there it that there really is not perma fix. I assume due to the quality of the leafs that the squeak is worth it. All I want is a stronger leaf pack, I don't care about lift, actually 2 in would be max I would want. im only replacing my factory leafs cause they are rain bowing with no weight in the bed and the factory replacements are really expensive with the tendency to break. Any suggestions would be very helpful.
It's permanent until you wear through the rubber strips , in my case that's about 6 months
Old 12-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #3260
PreRunner

stitch's Tacoma Gallery
I guess every 6 months isn't to bad. Thx OZ-T. Does any body know why Dakars squeak more than other leafs like say allpro?

Products Discussed in this Thread