Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #21
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Well since Dan doesn't want questions asked on his OME Gallery thread I thought I would start a Q & A thread.If you have a question ask away and the TW Emu Gurus will answer it.
If you have OME post a pic or two & tell us what you got.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
Ha! I'm getting confused with all the different threads, and what is expected in each
Old 01-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #22
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
But I do want to point out that the Fox 2.0 shocks allow the Dakars to stretch an inch or two further. The N182's were limiting the droop to 24". I still need to measure, but I should be getting 25 or 26" droop now.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #23
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
But I do want to point out that the Fox 2.0 shocks allow the Dakars to stretch an inch or two further. The N182's were limiting the droop to 24". I still need to measure, but I should be getting 25 or 26" droop now.
Huh , interesting
Old 01-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #24
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've heard that from NYCO also.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #25
Spitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Surface Warfare
Spitfire's Tacoma Gallery
I am running OME Coils and shocks. I had one rear shock fail (gushing oil) after about 15 months of use. ARB USA sent me one free replacement. I am really happy with the ride. With the tires aired down a hair it rides like a Cadillac offroad. Pics in my sig link.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #26
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Love the thread with the info. Good idea guys
Old 01-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #27
Tacofool is on a distinguished road

Tacofool's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd. Great thread and perfect timing for me. I am about to pull the trigger on this in the next week or two and order mine. If I want to stay in the 2.5"-3" lift range, is there any necessity to upgrade to a aftermarket UCA? I do some trail riding in West Texas and Colorado. Nothing too serious, mostly just off the beaten path to the better campsites. I'd appreciate any insight provided from all the OME jedi in the forum.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #28
Spitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Surface Warfare
Spitfire's Tacoma Gallery
I did not use an aftermarket UCA with my 885 med coils, but I skipped the spacers that push the lift to 3". I was able to have it aligned without issue.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #29
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I got light racing UCAs to play it safe.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #30
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
I got light racing UCAs to play it safe.
That is whats holding me back from getting the 885x with top plates and pulling the trigger on the lift. Need to save for the UCA's which cost the same as the whole lift...
Old 01-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #31
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagledynasty View Post
That is whats holding me back from getting the 885x with top plates and pulling the trigger on the lift. Need to save for the UCA's which cost the same as the whole lift...
?

LR UCA's are like $450
Old 01-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #32
The White Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
?

LR UCA's are like $450
My lift is only $315 without rear shocks.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #33

Quote:
Alot of people skip them even though it is recomended by some. I think randy has stock with a full 3" of lift in front, im sure he will share his experience. When i did my lift and LR UCAs my caster was at 2.5 and 2.7 before any adjustments. I never touched the LCA cams during the installation.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #34

$375 from headstrong offroad.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #35

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My lift is only $315 without rear shocks.
oh , I thought you got the full OME set up
Old 01-17-2013, 08:11 AM   #36
The White Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
oh , I thought you got the full OME set up
Not full. I have bilstein 5100's instead. Already have them though.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #37
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Alot of people skip them even though it is recomended by some. I think randy has stock with a full 3" of lift in front, im sure he will share his experience.
Yes I got a full 3" up front with 885Xs on my 4Banger AC.
I don't remember what the caster was after alignment but it was not in spec but close.
No high speed wander or bump steer & have gotten it up to 85 MPH (didn't want to hit 88 or the flux capacitor would kick in).
Old 01-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #38
The White Knight

Quote:
I don't remember what the caster was after alignment but it was not in spec but close.
No high speed wander or bump steer & have gotten it up to 85 MPH (didn't want to hit 88 or the flux capacitor would kick in).
Why not? I tank mine down the highway around 90 at a cruising speed.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #39
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Quote:
Why not? I tank mine down the highway around 90 at a cruising speed.
Flux capacitor.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #40
Daddy4zack is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
Daddy4zack's Tacoma Gallery
Great thread guys...

Products Discussed in this Thread