Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-18-2014, 05:28 PM   #4661
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
I have no skewp and I have 17s.

+1

SCS's FTW

Old 04-18-2014, 07:16 PM   #4662
TrueNorth is on a distinguished road

TrueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know if the Nitrocharger 9002 will work on the 2nd gen's. The Hilux pairs them with the 885's and they are whopping 5mm larger open and the same closed.
http://www.arbusa.com/Uploads/PDF/on...de_current.pdf
Pg 127
Old 04-19-2014, 07:16 AM   #4663
MTyota86 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike T.
MTyota86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueTRD View Post

After
Loos awesome! Can't wait till I get my OME lift.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:39 AM   #4664
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
Does anyone know if the Nitrocharger 9002 will work on the 2nd gen's. The Hilux pairs them with the 885's and they are whopping 5mm larger open and the same closed.
http://www.arbusa.com/Uploads/PDF/on...de_current.pdf
Pg 127

email ARB USA technical help

http://www.arbusa.com/Contact.aspx
Old 04-19-2014, 09:39 AM   #4665
Simon SEZ
slcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Simon
slcsez2000's Tacoma Gallery
So I installed my lift about 3 weeks ago. Climb under it because my dakars were squeaky. (Ended up being a bolt rubbing metal.) anyway I just decided to look over at the U bolts just because I was under there. To my surprise on the drivers side 2 of the nuts had fallen off and all of them were loose well on the way.
It was so loose I could move the whole plate around with ease.
I had them tightened down gooooood when I installed it.
So guys please go check your u bolt nuts after a week or so could have been dangerous.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:39 AM   #4667
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcsez2000 View Post
So I installed my lift about 3 weeks ago. Climb under it because my dakars were squeaky. (Ended up being a bolt rubbing metal.) anyway I just decided to look over at the U bolts just because I was under there. To my surprise on the drivers side 2 of the nuts had fallen off and all of them were loose well on the way.
So guys please go check your u bolt nuts after a week or so could have been dangerous.

What did you torque them to ?
Old 04-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #4668

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Take a pic of them on the truck showing the rear of the leaf packs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gincoma View Post
I'll post that tomorrow when I have better light...I'll share this pic with arb and show them the difference in the overloads from one side to another and see what they say
It's been over 2 weeks , any word from ARB on your Dakars ?
Old 04-19-2014, 09:44 AM   #4669
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-19-2014, 09:45 AM   #4670
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
What bolt rubbing where?
Old 04-19-2014, 10:33 AM   #4671
Simon SEZ
slcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
What did you torque them to ?
well I only had a 1/2 torque wrench but a 22mm 1/4 socket so I didn't use the torque wrench. I was going to torque them to 150lbs but instead just tightened them down pretty good to where I "felt" like it was at least 150lbs or maybe more. Either way those bad boys loosened up a lot. I checked my passenger side and it still had all the u bolt nuts but every single one of them was very loose and 2 at the tip about to fall off. Good thing I checked.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:44 AM   #4672
Well, let's play chess.

Quote:
well I only had a 1/2 torque wrench but a 22mm 1/4 socket so I didn't use the torque wrench. I was going to torque them to 150lbs but instead just tightened them down pretty good to where I "felt" like it was at least 150lbs or maybe more. Either way those bad boys loosened up a lot. I checked my passenger side and it still had all the u bolt nuts but every single one of them was very loose and 2 at the tip about to fall off. Good thing I checked.
You got lucky.

150 ft/lbs is too much, and I'd be surprised if you could deliver that much torque through a 1/4" drive ratchet. Try 80-90 ft/lbs with a 1/2" drive socket, 1/2 turn on each nut, in a cross pattern.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:52 AM   #4673
rtgreene10 is on a distinguished road

rtgreene10's Tacoma Gallery
Ive been trying to educate myself with this OME setup but all the number and spring rates and leaf packs are making my head spin.......

whats the setup where i get the most lift ...3-3.5? plain and simple.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:56 AM   #4674

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtgreene10 View Post
Ive been trying to educate myself with this OME setup but all the number and spring rates and leaf packs are making my head spin.......

whats the setup where i get the most lift ...3-3.5? plain and simple.

RC , AC or DC ?
Old 04-19-2014, 11:01 AM   #4675
rtgreene10 is on a distinguished road

rtgreene10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
RC , AC or DC ?
Access cab

with a toolbox and a ladder rack
Old 04-19-2014, 11:04 AM   #4676
RogueTRD has much to be proud ofRogueTRD has much to be proud ofRogueTRD has much to be proud ofRogueTRD has much to be proud ofRogueTRD has much to be proud ofRogueTRD has much to be proud ofRogueTRD has much to be proud ofRogueTRD has much to be proud ofRogueTRD has much to be proud of

Marines:
RogueTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my truck with the new tires. 265/75/16 Cooper ST MAXX.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:11 AM   #4677
RogueTRD has much to be proud ofRogueTRD has much to be proud ofRogueTRD has much to be proud ofRogueTRD has much to be proud ofRogueTRD has much to be proud ofRogueTRD has much to be proud ofRogueTRD has much to be proud ofRogueTRD has much to be proud ofRogueTRD has much to be proud of

Marines:
RogueTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, I forgot to mention that I am getting no vibes with the carrier bearing drop. I can't find my piece of paper that I wrote my before and after numbers on so I won't be able to post them until I find it. I still need to clean up the garage.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:25 AM   #4678
TrueNorth is on a distinguished road

TrueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
email ARB USA technical help

http://www.arbusa.com/Contact.aspx
I'll do that.
It seems to me like a slightly larger shock couldn't hurt.(correct me if I'm wrong) The side by side pics that I've seen with the stock and OME struts always looked odd to me.
Would this help the dreaded "clank over speed bump" issue?
Old 04-19-2014, 11:25 AM   #4679
Simon SEZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
What bolt rubbing where?
It was a bolt on the back end of the leaf springs holding them to the shackle. Looks like it was put in backwards when we got them in at 11:30pm it was so dark we just wanted them in. The bolt was just rubbing the metal since it should have been put in the other way. Would have been a PITA to turn it around so I just spaced it out with another washer and it is fine now.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:28 AM   #4680
Simon SEZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueTRD View Post
Oh, I forgot to mention that I am getting no vibes with the carrier bearing drop. I can't find my piece of paper that I wrote my before and after numbers on so I won't be able to post them until I find it. I still need to clean up the garage.
I had no vibs until driving around for about a week I got the take off shudder. I put the CB spacers in and it made it a lot better but it is def still there and noticeable.

Products Discussed in this Thread