Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2014, 06:22 PM   #4701
BassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Dan
BassMaster06's Tacoma Gallery
Had my lift on for almost 2 years. Curious to know how long ome shocks typically last? Normal wear and tear, nothin crazy - just wonderin? Anybody had to replace theirs after a while?
Old 04-24-2014, 06:28 PM   #4702
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMaster06 View Post
Had my lift on for almost 2 years. Curious to know how long ome shocks typically last? Normal wear and tear, nothin crazy - just wonderin? Anybody had to replace theirs after a while?

Mine have been fine for 4 years now
Old 04-24-2014, 08:25 PM   #4703
Washington is on a distinguished road

Washington's Tacoma Gallery
Any one got some good alignment specs for an OME 3" w/ LR ucr's? Isn't it 0* toe, 0* camber and like 2.5* caster?
Old 04-24-2014, 08:32 PM   #4705
Washington is on a distinguished road

Washington's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I'm at 0,0,3
Positive 3.0 degrees right? How's your ride?
Old 04-24-2014, 08:36 PM   #4706
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMaster06 View Post
Mine lasted less than 4 years. Not really sure when they went out. But I did some horrendous things to them.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:42 PM   #4707
Timbo Slice is on a distinguished road
Timbo Slice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
Yeah, I need new tires......

I saw your truck at the Lynnwood Buffalo Wild Wings today!
Old 04-25-2014, 04:31 AM   #4708
Onurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Onurnez's Tacoma Gallery
Does this look about right:

OME Complete Suspension Kit for 05+ Toyota Tacoma
OME885X coils
OME Nitrocharger sport front struts
OME Nitrocharger sport rear shocks
OME Dakar Leaf packs
OME u-bolts
OME trim packer
OME driveshaft spacer
Bushings and sleeves for shackle side of leaf pack
Shipped to Chesterfield, VA
Total = $1260.40
Old 04-25-2014, 04:55 AM   #4709
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onurnez View Post
Does this look about right:

OME Complete Suspension Kit for 05+ Toyota Tacoma
OME885X coils
OME Nitrocharger sport front struts
OME Nitrocharger sport rear shocks
OME Dakar Leaf packs
OME u-bolts
OME trim packer
OME driveshaft spacer
Bushings and sleeves for shackle side of leaf pack
Shipped to Chesterfield, VA
Total = $1260.40
That's a good deal, especially shipped at that price. I would look into extended rear brake lines as well. You're probably going to want UCAs at some point too. Center collar pins as we talked about in the last few posts as well are a good idea to add before install.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:55 AM   #4710
scollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Scott
scollins's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
I saw your truck at the Lynnwood Buffalo Wild Wings today!
Nice! I was up that way for work. There was a Ford Raptor parked nearby too, I was jelly.....

Old 04-25-2014, 11:39 AM   #4711
scollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Post-lift issues to be sorted:
1.) Take-off shudder: I've had TOS since day one, but it seems a little worse now with the OME lift on.
2.) Driveline vibrations, mostly from 15MPH to 35MPH when accelerating with partial throttle, or slowing down (off the throttle.) If I accelerate quickly (which increases pinion angle from torque twist/axle wrap), the vibrations are gone. Once above 30-35 MPH, the driveline is pretty smooth and vibration free

I do have the FK29 kit installed, and no axle shims. I need to get under the truck and take some driveline angle measurements to determine which way to go (larger carrier bearing drop, like StreetTaco's version) or axle shims, or both.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:39 PM   #4712
madmex is on a distinguished road
Navy: Command Fireman
Name: Frank
madmex's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys just finished installing the full OME kit with Dakars and was wondering if I'm going to need a sway bar relocate kit? Sway bar looks good but won't know after driving it for a while. Also what do you think about new bump stops? need them or hold off??
Old 04-26-2014, 05:50 AM   #4713
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
Post-lift issues to be sorted:
1.) Take-off shudder: I've had TOS since day one, but it seems a little worse now with the OME lift on.
2.) Driveline vibrations, mostly from 15MPH to 35MPH when accelerating with partial throttle, or slowing down (off the throttle.) If I accelerate quickly (which increases pinion angle from torque twist/axle wrap), the vibrations are gone. Once above 30-35 MPH, the driveline is pretty smooth and vibration free

I do have the FK29 kit installed, and no axle shims. I need to get under the truck and take some driveline angle measurements to determine which way to go (larger carrier bearing drop, like StreetTaco's version) or axle shims, or both.
Are you sure the drive line vibes aren't from the front differential? Try putting it in 4x4 and see if they go away. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...on-thread.html
Old 04-26-2014, 05:52 AM   #4714

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmex View Post
Hey guys just finished installing the full OME kit with Dakars and was wondering if I'm going to need a sway bar relocate kit? Sway bar looks good but won't know after driving it for a while. Also what do you think about new bump stops? need them or hold off??
Sway bar relocate necessity seems to be hit or miss. Some folks have issues with the coils hitting it, some don't. I installed one just in case, was cheap and easy. You don't really NEED new bumps from what I've been told. I'm still on stock.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:13 PM   #4715
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
Are you sure the drive line vibes aren't from the front differential? Try putting it in 4x4 and see if they go away. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...on-thread.html
Yep, first thing I checked, made no difference. You would hope that the differential bearing wasn't going out at just 22,000 miles, but Toyotas aren't built like they used to be.....
Old 04-27-2014, 10:08 AM   #4716

Air Force:
Quote:
Yep, first thing I checked, made no difference. You would hope that the differential bearing wasn't going out at just 22,000 miles, but Toyotas aren't built like they used to be.....
Read through that thread.....it happens pretty quick with a lift. Be ready for it. I need to replace mine, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm at about 25,000, started noticing it around 24,000.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #4717
XJfella95 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
XJfella95's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed the OME kit with Dakar packs over the weekend.

What are people doing for rear shocks to maximize droop? I have the Nitrocharger Sports and these shocks fully extend out with only two inches of droop on the leaf packs....
Old 04-29-2014, 08:22 PM   #4718
usaftaco4x4 is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Dean
usaftaco4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I am trying to replace the junk spacer/block kit the previous owner had installed. Looking into the OME kit. Front: 885 coils with Nitrocharger Sport shocks, Rear: Dakar leaf spring with Nitrocharger shocks. With that setup, will i need to buy an AAL to keep my lift i have on it now or will the Dakar's/Nitrochargers do the same thing? Also, should i just throw on new UCA's since i wil have it torn apart? I know most say you dont need them unless you go over 3", but what are the advantages of replacing them now?
Old 04-29-2014, 08:49 PM   #4719
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Dakars will give 3" of lift on a reg cab
Old 04-30-2014, 12:01 AM   #4720
TrueNorth is on a distinguished road

TrueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know the gains up front with the 887's and 888's. Ive been thinking this way lately, someone correct me if I'm being a brotarded.

Products Discussed in this Thread