Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2014, 06:32 AM   #4701
Simon SEZ
slcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Simon
slcsez2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCTaco View Post
Is there a quick list of tools I'm going to need laying around when I go to do this install?

Got everything in from Headstrong this week, planning for Memorial Day weekend.
Def get a list before you start if you can find one. I wish I would have wrote down all the tools I used because we need a list on a sticky or in the OP. I found myself going to auto zone 3 times for different sized sockets (larger ones, extended ones) that were not in my huge socket set.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:33 AM   #4702
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
I just received my Dakar leafs yesterday and noticed that three of these plastic liners (forgive me I have no idea what they're called) are cracked/damaged.

I searched many photos of Dakar leafs on trucks and all of them had these same pieces fully intact.

Is this something I should be concerned with? Like I said, between the two leaf packs there are three of these things that are damaged.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:45 AM   #4703
attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Not a big issue especially if the leaf side is still there
Old 05-01-2014, 10:55 AM   #4705
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thank you for the reply.

Very helpful.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:57 AM   #4706
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Oh wait , I assumed you had a 2nd gen , you'll need to cross reference your leaf pack part # with the replacement clip application guide
Old 05-01-2014, 11:00 AM   #4707

Yeah I figured when I saw the part numbers. Thanks for th help, I appreciate it.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:01 AM   #4708

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Yeah I figured when I saw the part numbers. Thanks for th help, I appreciate it.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:39 PM   #4709
shr133 will become famous soon enough
Army: 31C, 95B.
Name: Steve
shr133's Tacoma Gallery
What did you put up front & what did you get?
884s on 90000 Sport Nitros gave me 2 1/2 22 1/2.
What did you put in back & what did you get?
Dakars gave me 3" 24 1/2.
Are you running trail armor & how much lift did you loose or what did you do to regain/maintain lift?
No
Tire & wheel specs & rub or what you did to eliminate rub.
275 70 17 stock wheels, they rub the upper control arm at full turn, just a little.
Are you still running a sway bar?
yes.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:48 PM   #4710
'Murica
RogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
RogueTRD's Tacoma Gallery
887's, Nitros, gave me just under 3".
Dakars, Nitros, gave me just over 3".
Are you running trail armor & how much lift did you loose or what did you do to regain/maintain lift?
No, but I plan on running sliders, front and rear plate bumpers and skids at some point.
265/75/16, stock wheels, no rub so far. Camburg UCAs to help with alignment and possible rub.
Yes, but debating removal.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:50 PM   #4711
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
if wheelers wont send u replacements, quick call to arb NA will have u set up. ive replaced my little spring aligned guards. easy company to deal with
Old 05-04-2014, 07:53 PM   #4712
hawks02 is on a distinguished road

hawks02's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have any input on the 90000 vs the 90021 shocks? Which gives a better ride? If I'm not going to be doing a ton of wheeling which would be a better choice?
Old 05-04-2014, 10:56 PM   #4713
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Bought some Dakar's with the aal. Ordered through TRD parts 4 u and picking them up at the dealer. 2 weeks and they still haven't shown up. Waiting...
Old 05-04-2014, 11:04 PM   #4714

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
Bought some Dakar's with the aal. Ordered through TRD parts 4 u and picking them up at the dealer. 2 weeks and they still haven't shown up. Waiting...

They were on national backorder
Old 05-05-2014, 03:51 AM   #4715
AiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really nice
Army: Aviation
Name: Mike
AiNoFaKNKeA's Tacoma Gallery
Before:

After:

885s and 1/2" spacer (trim packer on drivers side) on Sport Nitros - 3.5"
Dakars w/ Sport Nitros - 3" (Waiting on D29XL AALs)
No
Dropstars 645B on BFG AT KO 285/65R18 - Removed front fwd flap and only rub sometimes on front flaps at full lock
Yes, with relocation kit.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:13 AM   #4716
GO TIGERS!
holyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
holyfield19's Tacoma Gallery
Going to go ahead and pull the trigger today. Full kit, 885's, spacers, packer, Dakar's, and I am going to add a shackle flip to the rear (probably a Relentless Fab u-bolt flip as well).
Question about the u-bolt kit: how long of bolts do I need for the flip, with the Dakar's? I am going to order from Toytec, I was going to see if I could substitute longer bolts if I need to.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:17 AM   #4717
Quebeker
elclem21 is a jewel in the roughelclem21 is a jewel in the roughelclem21 is a jewel in the rough

Canadian Army:
Name: Clément
elclem21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
Very interesting.
885's. 395 mm spring = 63.5 mm additional lift 2.5"
887's. 400 mm spring = 76.2 mm additional lift 3.0"
888's. 405 mm spring = 88.9 mm additional lift 3.5" (Theoretical)

So is the excess coil length similar to using a top plate spacer in regards to The 2x relationship? ie: 1/4" top plate nets you 1/2". Could some one explain this to me, otherwise Im going to continue think of it as Taco Voodoo
I am almost tempted to replace my 885's and top plate spacers with 887's. I am not realy a fan of spacer lifts.

Anyone already tried the 888's? However it might be too much of a lift for the 4wd, unless they settle down as they all do.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:20 AM   #4718

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elclem21 View Post
I am almost tempted to replace my 885's and top plate spacers with 887's. I am not realy a fan of spacer lifts.

Anyone already tried the 888's? However it might be too much of a lift for the 4wd, unless they settle down as they all do.

888's are too long and my 885x's haven't settled more than 1/4" in over 4 years
Old 05-05-2014, 11:12 AM   #4719
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
They were on national backorder
Someone told me its because they sent cargo ships to go look for that airplane that's probably in Pakistan. Is that right?
Old 05-05-2014, 11:20 AM   #4720

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
Someone told me its because they sent cargo ships to go look for that airplane that's probably in Pakistan. Is that right?

Does that seem reasonable to you ?

Products Discussed in this Thread