Notices

Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2014, 01:32 PM   #4701
Product Developer
XJfella95 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
XJfella95's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed the OME kit with Dakar packs over the weekend.

What are people doing for rear shocks to maximize droop? I have the Nitrocharger Sports and these shocks fully extend out with only two inches of droop on the leaf packs....
Old 04-29-2014, 09:22 PM   #4702
usaftaco4x4 is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Dean
usaftaco4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I am trying to replace the junk spacer/block kit the previous owner had installed. Looking into the OME kit. Front: 885 coils with Nitrocharger Sport shocks, Rear: Dakar leaf spring with Nitrocharger shocks. With that setup, will i need to buy an AAL to keep my lift i have on it now or will the Dakar's/Nitrochargers do the same thing? Also, should i just throw on new UCA's since i wil have it torn apart? I know most say you dont need them unless you go over 3", but what are the advantages of replacing them now?
Old 04-29-2014, 09:49 PM   #4703
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Dakars will give 3" of lift on a reg cab
Old 04-30-2014, 01:01 AM   #4704
TrueNorth is on a distinguished road

TrueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know the gains up front with the 887's and 888's. Ive been thinking this way lately, someone correct me if I'm being a brotarded.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:07 AM   #4705
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
A few guys are running 887's and getting 3" , haven't heard of anybody trying the 888's yet
Old 04-30-2014, 08:57 AM   #4706

Very interesting.
885's. 395 mm spring = 63.5 mm additional lift 2.5"
887's. 400 mm spring = 76.2 mm additional lift 3.0"
888's. 405 mm spring = 88.9 mm additional lift 3.5" (Theoretical)

So is the excess coil length similar to using a top plate spacer in regards to The 2x relationship? ie: 1/4" top plate nets you 1/2". Could some one explain this to me, otherwise Im going to continue think of it as Taco Voodoo
Old 04-30-2014, 02:22 PM   #4707
Joben will become famous soon enoughJoben will become famous soon enough

Name: Chris
Joben's Tacoma Gallery
Just got the truck back from the shop today....

Lessons learned, do the suspension sooner then later.....195k on the truck compounded the problems with install.

And praise baby Jesus I decided to have a shop do it, it would have been a nightmare to do this on jack stands.

LCA's had to be cut out, needed to be replaced.

All in all couldn't be happier with the ride quality vs. stock. Stance is perfect with the 885's and 1/4" top plate. I'll post pics as soon as the monsoon blows through...
Old 04-30-2014, 06:44 PM   #4708
I like my Squatch big and hairy.
RogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
RogueTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
A few guys are running 887's and getting 3" , haven't heard of anybody trying the 888's yet

I'm running 887's and Dakar rears I got almost exactly 3" in the front and a little over in the back.

My before and after numbers read like so:

Before - After

Driver front: 20 5/8 - 23 5/16
Pass front: 20 7/16 - 23 3/8

Driver rear: 21 5/16 - 24 3/8
Pass rear: 21 1/4 - 24 1/2

This is after about 500 miles and some mild offroading to help settle.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:25 PM   #4709

^
Good to hear, and nice looking rig. I think that will be what i go with.
888's are prob a bad idea. Maybe not if a guy was gonna put a bumper on without a winch. Interesting thought, but im a noob still.

That did clear my head a bit.
(5mm) of extra spring = about 13mm of lift. half inch
(10mm) of top plate =about 13 to 16mm of lift (per Wheelers)
Seem about right?
Old 05-01-2014, 02:24 AM   #4710
PCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
PCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a quick list of tools I'm going to need laying around when I go to do this install?

Got everything in from Headstrong this week, planning for Memorial Day weekend.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:32 AM   #4711
Simon SEZ
slcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Simon
slcsez2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCTaco View Post
Is there a quick list of tools I'm going to need laying around when I go to do this install?

Got everything in from Headstrong this week, planning for Memorial Day weekend.
Def get a list before you start if you can find one. I wish I would have wrote down all the tools I used because we need a list on a sticky or in the OP. I found myself going to auto zone 3 times for different sized sockets (larger ones, extended ones) that were not in my huge socket set.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:33 AM   #4712
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
I just received my Dakar leafs yesterday and noticed that three of these plastic liners (forgive me I have no idea what they're called) are cracked/damaged.

I searched many photos of Dakar leafs on trucks and all of them had these same pieces fully intact.

Is this something I should be concerned with? Like I said, between the two leaf packs there are three of these things that are damaged.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:45 AM   #4713

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Not a big issue especially if the leaf side is still there
Old 05-01-2014, 10:55 AM   #4715
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thank you for the reply.

Very helpful.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:57 AM   #4716

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Oh wait , I assumed you had a 2nd gen , you'll need to cross reference your leaf pack part # with the replacement clip application guide
Old 05-01-2014, 11:00 AM   #4717

Yeah I figured when I saw the part numbers. Thanks for th help, I appreciate it.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:01 AM   #4718

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Yeah I figured when I saw the part numbers. Thanks for th help, I appreciate it.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:39 PM   #4719
shr133 will become famous soon enough
Army: 31C, 95B.
Name: Steve
shr133's Tacoma Gallery
What did you put up front & what did you get?
884s on 90000 Sport Nitros gave me 2 1/2 22 1/2.
What did you put in back & what did you get?
Dakars gave me 3" 24 1/2.
Are you running trail armor & how much lift did you loose or what did you do to regain/maintain lift?
No
Tire & wheel specs & rub or what you did to eliminate rub.
275 70 17 stock wheels, they rub the upper control arm at full turn, just a little.
Are you still running a sway bar?
yes.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:48 PM   #4720
I like my Squatch big and hairy.
RogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
RogueTRD's Tacoma Gallery
What did you put up front & what did you get?
887's, Nitros, gave me just under 3".
What did you put in back & what did you get?
Dakars, Nitros, gave me just over 3".
Are you running trail armor & how much lift did you loose or what did you do to regain/maintain lift?
No, but I plan on running sliders, front and rear plate bumpers and skids at some point.
Tire & wheel specs & rub or what you did to eliminate rub.
265/75/16, stock wheels, no rub so far. Camburg UCAs to help with alignment and possible rub.
Are you still running a sway bar?
Yes, but debating removal.

Products Discussed in this Thread