Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #621
urrutiadan32 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
urrutiadan32's Tacoma Gallery
I have an access cab .can I run 886 coils without top plate spacer and still get a 3 inch lift?
Old 02-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #622
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrutiadan32 View Post
I have an access cab .can I run 886 coils without top plate spacer and still get a 3 inch lift?
Yes
Old 02-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #623
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Only if you put a heavy plate bumper & winch on it.
886s will give you more than 3" and you don't want that.
885s will probably give you around 2.75"
Old 02-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #624
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Go back to post 619. I just posted it I have an access cab im running 885 with no top spacers except the 1/4 on the driver side for exactly 3 inches.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #625

Thanks guys, I'm just trying to avoid the top plate spacers of possible for that 3"
Old 02-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #626

What size tires do u have gabassman?
Old 02-05-2013, 01:59 AM   #627
Richard
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Question Dakar spring questions

I ordered a set of standard CS047 Dakar springs and I'll need bushings for them. I might be able to press the bushings out of the OEM springs, but I'm going to try to sell them with the rest of the suspension I'm changing out. Downsouth Motorsports doesn't sell the required bushings, but Wheeler's Offroad has a Greasable Main Spring Eye Bushing Set. Is there a better bushing option?

Any extended brake line (hose) recommendations? I believe that my OR requires two for the rear, and I see that Wheeler's has some.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:15 AM   #628
SR5808 is on a distinguished road
Name: J10
SR5808's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 02-05-2013, 05:14 AM   #629
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
05 Access cab

What did you put up front & what did you get?

885's & Nitro Charger struts
Before
LF 20.0" RF 20.5"
After
LF 23.25 RF 23.5"

What did you put in back & what did you get?

Before
LR 21.5" RR 21.5"
After
LR 25.5" RR 25.5"

Are you running trail armor & how much lift did you loose or what did you do to regain/maintain lift?
No trail armor.. yet. planning on adding a rear bumper with swing out tire carrier.

Tire & wheel specs & rub or what you did to eliminate rub.
Are you still running a sway bar?

standard 265/70/16's on stock rims as of now. 285/70/17 on SCS Stealth 6's will be on in the next few weeks so I will edit this post when that happens.
No sway bar, truck drives great on road
Old 02-05-2013, 06:12 AM   #630
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation

Quote:
What size tires do u have gabassman?
265/75r16
Old 02-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #631
GFY
BigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Big Head
BigHeadTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I ordered a set of standard CS047 Dakar springs and I'll need bushings for them. I might be able to press the bushings out of the OEM springs, but I'm going to try to sell them with the rest of the suspension I'm changing out. Downsouth Motorsports doesn't sell the required bushings, but Wheeler's Offroad has a Greasable Main Spring Eye Bushing Set. Is there a better bushing option?

Any extended brake line (hose) recommendations? I believe that my OR requires two for the rear, and I see that Wheeler's has some.
I just did my OME and had the dakars installed. I purchased my lift and had it installed by Cruiser Outfitters ((801) 518-3937). They put in the new bushings, I am pretty sure he has them in stock.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:13 AM   #632
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I used the poly bushings from wheelers and was able to put them in by hand.

All Pro steel braided brake line front and rear, 2 front 2 rear.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #633
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
I left the shackle bushings in and got OEM bushings from toyota for the dakars, you will need 4
Old 02-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #634
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Those aren't for 2nd Gens
Old 02-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #635

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
I left the shackle bushings in and got OEM bushings from toyota for the dakars, you will need 4
I did this
Old 02-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #636
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oem part number if you need it 90389-A0003
Old 02-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #637
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
I added some Relentless sliders and it looks like it lowered front & rear 1/8"

Old 02-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #638
Richard
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the responses. It was late and when I searched Wheeler's, I didn't realize that greasable bushing set was for 1st gens. I'll look around some more for a 2nd gen set that'll take grease.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #639

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
I added some Relentless sliders and it looks like it lowered front & rear 1/8"
Nice! Looks good. My bamf sliders should be going on next week.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #640
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
So was thinking again... If I go with 886's will that put my DCLB over 3". I plan on doing a hidden winch up front (and really like the added shackle posts!). That won't be for a little while so would I be ok until I put that on? I know they would be stiff but that doesn't bother me.

Products Discussed in this Thread