Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #801
GhostDog86 will become famous soon enough

Name: Max
GhostDog86's Tacoma Gallery
oops thought that pic was after everything was tight. Just ran out side and snapped this pic.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #802
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Ya that looks better, i was just about to say it looks like a nut is missing in the first picture of the drivers side. How did you do the install? Did you loosen the LCA cam bolts?
Old 02-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #803
GhostDog86 will become famous soon enough

Name: Max
GhostDog86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Ya that looks better, i was just about to say it looks like a nut is missing in the first picture of the drivers side. How did you do the install? Did you loosen the LCA cam bolts?
No didnt loosen the cam bolts. Install was -> Remove sway->Ball joint bolts->remove shock->reverse.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:48 AM   #804
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Well I made up my mind & got the 1/4" top plate spacers from Eric while we were in town today to regain 1/2" of what I lost adding sliders & skids.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #805
Phalanxr is on a distinguished road
Phalanxr's Tacoma Gallery
Hello all,

First real post here I have a few questions so bare with me. I have a '12 Double Cab 4x4 Tacoma and plan on running the OME suspension lift kit http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

With said lift kit I planned on getting the Dakar rears and from what I have read here Dakars will give you a 3" lift, is this correct? If so, I assume I will need UCA's (And if so I plan on using LR UCA's, less prone to squeeking). Since, again if im correct, Dakars will give you the 3" lift im looking for I wont need the following to obtain desired lift?

"Add top plate spacers in drop down below for a full 3" front lift with 884 and 885 coils"

I will be using Pro Comp 7032 Series Wheels with 265/75r 16 Duratracs. I am hoping to just be able to remove the mud flaps to avoid rubbing...

Am I missing anything here or so far am I doing good?

-Phal
Old 02-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #806
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanxr View Post
Hello all,

First real post here I have a few questions so bare with me. I have a '12 Double Cab 4x4 Tacoma and plan on running the OME suspension lift kit http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

With said lift kit I planned on getting the Dakar rears and from what I have read here Dakars will give you a 3" lift, is this correct? If so, I assume I will need UCA's (And if so I plan on using LR UCA's, less prone to squeeking). Since, again if im correct, Dakars will give you the 3" lift im looking for I wont need the following to obtain desired lift?

"Add top plate spacers in drop down below for a full 3" front lift with 884 and 885 coils"

I will be using Pro Comp 7032 Series Wheels with 265/75r 16 Duratracs. I am hoping to just be able to remove the mud flaps to avoid rubbing...

Am I missing anything here or so far am I doing good?

-Phal
Haha yep you're doing good, looks like you have it figured out. Check out Oz's thread for dakars http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...surements.html compare these measurment with your stock measurments to get an idea of how much lift you will get

Edit: i may have misread your post. Dakars lift the rear, you will need 885s and top plate spacers for a full 3" lift up front
Old 02-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #807
Phalanxr is on a distinguished road
Phalanxr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Haha yep you're doing good, looks like you have it figured out. Check out Oz's thread for dakars http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...surements.html compare these measurment with your stock measurments to get an idea of how much lift you will get

Edit: i may have misread your post. Dakars lift the rear, you will need 885s and top plate spacers for a full 3" lift up front
Alrighty I appreciate the information wanted to double check the information I gathered from here before I spend my savings haha! Cant wait!

-Phal
Old 02-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #808
Bmeadow1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brogan
Bmeadow1's Tacoma Gallery
So for my doublecab 2wd 4cyl, if I put the ome lift on with 885s, top plate, and 2in aal will this make my truck level? even after a bit of time and sag?

After I put my lift on I can see that I will need the lr UCAs, but what do they actually do for me?

And do I really need extended brake lines or a carrier bearing drop kit?
Old 02-27-2013, 12:24 AM   #809
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmeadow1 View Post
So for my doublecab 2wd 4cyl, if I put the ome lift on with 885s, top plate, and 2in aal will this make my truck level? even after a bit of time and sag?

After I put my lift on I can see that I will need the lr UCAs, but what do they actually do for me?

And do I really need extended brake lines or a carrier bearing drop kit?
Since you DC is a 4Banger you'll probably get around 2 3/4" up front without spacers & 1/4" spacers will add 1/2" for around 3 1/4".
Front will settle a little after install but rear will sag over time. How much & how soon depends on how much load you carry.
UCAs allow the caster to be set in spec (caster doesn't effect tire wear but camber & toe do). Some need them some don't. With my 3" up front caster was slightly out of spec but it drives fine.
No need for new brake lines, carrier bearing is a maybe. I got 3" from Dakars and didn't do ether.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #810
Bmeadow1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brogan
Bmeadow1's Tacoma Gallery
Well I don't really haul anything a lot of the time and so would I need the spacers to get my truck leveled out or should I do without?
Old 02-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #811
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmeadow1 View Post
Well I don't really haul anything a lot of the time and so would I need the spacers to get my truck leveled out or should I do without?
Top plate spacers would lift the front so it depends on how much you want to raise the front. Front to rear difference is around 1 1/2" stock I think.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #812
XL
randallxl is on a distinguished road

Name: Randall
randallxl's Tacoma Gallery
Just waiting for UPS to drop off the rear 5100's and it will be complete!
Attached Thumbnails
Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures-ome.jpg  
Old 02-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #813
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallxl View Post
Just waiting for UPS to drop off the rear 5100's & I install it and it will be complete!
^ Fixed
Old 02-28-2013, 03:23 PM   #814
XL

Thanks, it has been one of those days, BUD LIGHT here I come! haha
Old 02-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #815
JTrean is on a distinguished road

JTrean's Tacoma Gallery
I have a question for first gen owners. I know a few people have used the 883 coils instead of 881's (with nitro sport struts of course). I am considering going this route as well for my 03 v6 ex cab. I am looking for 2.5in up front and I read that this is achievable with the 883 coils without the addition of the 10mm spacers? Will these still ride softer than the eibachs, which have a larger spring rate of 620? Would 882's be a better idea?

Thanks in advance
Old 02-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #816

Quote:
Thanks, it has been one of those days, LONG TRAIL here I come! haha
Fixed
Old 02-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #817
XL

have you ever had switchback? 4 bucks per 24oz bottle but AMAHZING! brewed in Burlington Vt. Oh and I feel like I cant win tonight lol.

on a side not blackberry wheat is good too.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #818

Quote:
have you ever had switchback? 4 bucks per 24oz bottle but AMAHZING! brewed in Burlington Vt. Oh and I feel like I cant win tonight lol.

on a side not blackberry wheat is good too.
Ya but i cant find switchback around here, i stocked up when i was in killington a month ago and brought some home, i like the shed alot also. Vermont has the best beer, i think i spent like $80 on beer that weeked lol. Blackberry wheat is probably my favorite summer time beer. Good luck on the lift install!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #819
XL

have you ever driven thru Bennington on your way to killington? or do you take 91 North the whole way?
Old 02-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #820

Quote:
have you ever driven thru Bennington on your way to killington? or do you take 91 North the whole way?
No i take 91 but i have been to bennington a long time ago, camping in Green mountain forest. Is that where you live? I went to VT tech in randolph

Products Discussed in this Thread