Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #1021
fbj913 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
fbj913's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone running the HD OME kit with no steel bumper? I know a few of you here installed the HD but then almost immediately installed the front bumper. I'm talking 5,000 miles later, how does it feel? I'm sure its rough at first but does it calm down at all? I really want the HD kit but my front bumper purchase is a ways out...
Old 03-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #1022
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj636 View Post
your talking drive line angle, yes that should be zero under acceleration/load (drive line angle = trans angle - pinion angle). that doesn't exactly mean zero at the trans & zero at the pinion flange. to obtain that, like i said, i added shims (easiest & most common way to obtain proper drive line angle).

your saying your angle's are zero @ the trans & zero @ the pinion?
That is what I am trying to obtain ( 0,0)

Right now I have (0 , 4 )
Old 03-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #1023
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
Anyone running the HD OME kit with no steel bumper? I know a few of you here installed the HD but then almost immediately installed the front bumper. I'm talking 5,000 miles later, how does it feel? I'm sure its rough at first but does it calm down at all? I really want the HD kit but my front bumper purchase is a ways out...
If by the HD kit you are referring to the 886s, mine didn't settle much of any without weight on the front.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #1024
fbj913 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
fbj913's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
If by the HD kit you are referring to the 886s, mine didn't settle much of any without weight on the front.
Thanks. But not worried about settling. I'm wondering about ride quality.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #1025
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
That is what I am trying to obtain ( 0,0)

Right now I have (0 , 4 )
-4 at the pinion?

driving down the road the -4 pinion is damn close if not 0.

I think a go pro shot of the pinion is needed as a visual aid for this lesson
Old 03-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #1026
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Tank without weight, pretty vague but it's all I got ;-\
Old 03-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #1027
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
-4 at the pinion?

driving down the road the -4 pinion is damn close if not 0.

I think a go pro shot of the pinion is needed as a visual aid for this lesson
Tranny like mya : I (0)

Pumpkin like mya : / (4)
Old 03-27-2013, 04:31 AM   #1028
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Tranny like mya : I (0)

Pumpkin like mya : / (4)
translation?
Old 03-27-2013, 07:26 AM   #1029

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
translation?
You know what , forget it
Old 03-27-2013, 07:31 AM   #1030
Hub Master General

nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You know what , forget it
Old 03-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #1031

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The tranny is like this : I ( 0 degrees )

The pumkin is like this : / ( 4 degrees )
Old 03-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #1032
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I think he meant the "mya" part?
Old 03-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #1033

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Tranny output should be like this

I ( 0 degrees )

Pumpkin output should be like this

I ( 0 degrees )

Drive shaft segments should be within a degree of each other

Mine is like mya : I , / ( 0 , 4 )

How tough is that to follow ?
Old 03-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #1034
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Tranny output should be like this

I ( 0 degrees )

Pumpkin output should be like this

I ( 0 degrees )

Drive shaft segments should be within a degree of each other

Mine is like mya : I , / ( 0 , 4 )

How tough is that to follow ?
No I get what you're saying, but I can't find "mya" anywhere, wiki thinks it's a rapper
Old 03-27-2013, 08:29 AM   #1035
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery

Million Yrs Ago ****
Millions of Years Ago ***
McLean Youth Athletics ***
Make Yourself Amazing ***
Multi Year Appropriations ***
Manchester Youth Arts ***
Medway Yachting Association ***
Malaysian Yachting Association ***
Macungie Youth Association ***
Merrimack Youth Association ***
Middle Years Alternative ***
Muslim Youth Association ***
Model Yachting Association ***
Middleboro Youth Advocates ***
Ma at Youth Academy ***
Member Yachting Associations ***
Mauritius Yachting Association **
Marian Youth Association **
Marketing Year Average **
Model Yacht Association **
Maricopa Youth Alliance **
Model Year Architecture **
Modular Yard Automation **
Malt Yeast Agar *
Malaysia Yachting Association *
Ministry for Youth Affairs *
Michael Young Anchorage *
Ministry of Youth Affairs *
Mysingerdotor Yrsa Amazons
Old 03-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #1036
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I did the lift almost a year before I did the bumper and skid plate. The truck sat dead level. It handled a little stiffer, but who really cares? The upside is that it corners like a champ.

I experienced some settling after the bumper and skid were installed, and IMO the springs are compressing as OME designed them to. Keep in mind I'm running the 4 door w/ 6' bed and over 400 lbs of armor, so I've got a lot more weight distributed to the center than the standard cab. I'm also planning on a rear bumper as well.

If you've got back problems or hemorrhoids sell the truck immediately, and certainly don't think about lifting it Very rarely will ride quality improve with height, and if it does it cost you a small fortune to achieve it. That's my $.02
Old 03-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #1037
tweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud of

Air Force:
Name: Brandon
tweeter1148's Tacoma Gallery
Would you recomend getting the 3 degree shims and the sway bar reloaction bracket with the kit? I am going to order the kit today!
Old 03-28-2013, 07:51 AM   #1038
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter1148 View Post
Would you recomend getting the 3 degree shims and the sway bar reloaction bracket with the kit? I am going to order the kit today!
Yes on the swaybar relocate, shims would have to wait to see if you get vibes post lift.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:53 AM   #1039
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
my lift is finally on the way. had to wait on the sport shocks for the rear.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #1040
tweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud of

Air Force:
Name: Brandon
tweeter1148's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec said if i needed them they would be in the kit but I thought i read on here that with the OME kit you need them.

Products Discussed in this Thread