Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #1161
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
I don't even have the winch in the bumper yet and I'm sagging. Going to have to get spacers at some point.
886 or 886x ?
Old 04-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #1162
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't even have the winch in the bumper yet and I'm sagging. Going to have to get spacers at some point.
I'd go ahead and swap for 886s, they are stiff as but with a bumper, winch, skids and sliders it was actually pretty good..
Old 04-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #1163
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm going with a receiver mounted winch so the weight will only be up front if I'm using it & it can also be mounted on the rear.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #1164
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
886 or 886x ?
886x??? Wazzat?

I've got the 886s in there now.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #1165
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
886x??? Wazzat?

I've got the 886s in there now.
How old are the coils ?
Old 04-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #1166
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
How old are the coils ?
Close to 18 months, only had the bumper and skid on there for 6 months or so.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #1167

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Close to 18 months, only had the bumper and skid on there for 6 months or so.
Did you see the tags on them ?

886 is the older version , more prone to sag

886x ( or 884x , 885x ) are the newer version coils , less prone to sag
Old 04-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #1168

Quote:
Did you see the tags on them ?

886 is the older version , more prone to sag

886x ( or 884x , 885x ) are the newer version coils , less prone to sag
Shit. Not stamped into the spring, just a flimsy tag? I prolly have the older version. FML.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #1169

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Shit. Not stamped into the spring, just a flimsy tag? I prolly have the older version. FML.
No stamps , just a tag on the coil
Old 04-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #1170

Quote:
No stamps , just a tag on the coil
Oh well, spacers for me!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #1171
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
When did the x version of OME springs come out? I remember reading toytec only sold the x version as of mid 2010
Old 04-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #1172

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
When did the x version of OME springs come out? I remember reading toytec only sold the x version as of mid 2010
Sometime around there is where the transition happened , but there was people getting the older coils for a while as stock sold out

( not necessarily Toytec )
Old 04-11-2013, 06:32 AM   #1173
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
My 885s got a lot smoother with the weight of sliders & a full set of skids.
Added 1/4" spacers to regain 1/2" of lift (lost 3/4" front & 1/2" rear) and will probably swap them for 1/2" (or maybe just add 1/8") when I get my aluminum bumper.
I'll have skids and some armor waiting for me when I get home, already missing my truck hehe
Old 04-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #1174
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
I'll have skids and some armor waiting for me when I get home, already missing my truck hehe
Nice. My dirt withdrawl has gotten so bad I did donuts in the wet dirt on the way back from Lowes just to get some dirt on the truck. I'm too busy with 50 hr weeks @ work + relandscaping & remodeling the new house.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #1175
fouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Riley
fouillard13's Tacoma Gallery
Can someone please help me. I dont have my truck here so i can not meassure. I need to know the proper u bolt size for my dakar leaf springs on my 98 tacoma 4x4. I need to know what length ill need and width. Are oem u bolts 1/2"? would 8" long by 2.5" wide and 1/2" thick work
Old 04-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #1176
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fouillard13 View Post
Can someone please help me. I dont have my truck here so i can not meassure. I need to know the proper u bolt size for my dakar leaf springs on my 98 tacoma 4x4. I need to know what length ill need and width. Are oem u bolts 1/2"? would 8" long by 2.5" wide and 1/2" thick work
Wheeler's Off-Road sells the correct U-bolts for those springs and MY Tacoma. Contact them for the specs, or just order a set.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #1177
fouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Riley
fouillard13's Tacoma Gallery
i am in Canada. I need them by Sunday. I am getting some built i need specs.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #1178
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fouillard13 View Post
i am in Canada. I need them by Sunday. I am getting some built i need specs.
Here you go. If you call them tomorrow, I'll bet you can have them by the weekend.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #1179
hilux30 will become famous soon enoughhilux30 will become famous soon enough

hilux30's Tacoma Gallery
Food...

885s, no top spacers, Dakar's 285/75/16s on 1st gen Tundra steels (16x7 +15):

Old 04-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #1180
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilux30 View Post
885s, no top spacers, Dakar's :

What size tires? they looked stuffed as heck up in front. No cab mount chop?

Products Discussed in this Thread