Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #1221
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Looks like the adjustable caster plate is on backwards. Its hard to tell from the picture one my phone but it looks like the rounded side is facing the tire. The square side with the SPC logo should be facing the tire. Not sure what your caster would be set at with the plate facing the opposite direction.
It is backwards as far as the neutral ( +2* ) setting

http://www.spcalignment.net/instruct...70-INS_WEB.pdf
Old 04-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #1222
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardicstorm View Post
Yeah, it was. We fixed it after.
IDK how you got so much lift
Old 04-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #1223
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, it was. We fixed it after.
Yep, just re-read your post, i missed that the first time. Truck looks awesome!
Old 04-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #1224
bardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roger
bardicstorm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadwonder View Post
Wow, am I measuring the same way as everyone else??

I am measuring from the center of the wheel (the middle of the Toyota emblem) to the bottom of the fender flare (i.e. the first point where the tape measure intersects any body part) when the tape is held as close to 90 degrees from the ground as possible. The arch of the fender gives a slightly lower measurement as I move the tape toward the front of the truck, and increases quickly as I move toward the rear. So there certainly is some room for error.

I have ordered an OME kit and while waiting for it to arrive I have taken some stock measurements of my truck. Here's what I have:

FL: 20.0"
FR: 20.25"
RL: 22.25"
RR: 22.5"
(rears have the Toyota TSB springs)

These numbers seem low given what some people are reporting for their post-lift measurements. If I ended up with 24.5" up front like bardicstorm, then that is a 4.5" lift! (fantastic news if it is correct, but it seems unlikely).
I didn't measure before I started, but with 886's, dakars, and no weight, it's quite high.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #1225

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I didn't measure before I started, but with 886's, dakars, and no weight, it's quite high.
What do your CV angles look like ?
Old 04-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #1226
bardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What do your CV angles look like ?
I'll see if I can get a pic tomorrow. Not too bad though, but I also did the diff drop. Might have some DS vibration, but without the alignment done yet, I can't be sure.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #1227

Quote:
I also just put it on yesterday. Thinking it will settle a fair bit.

But just to check... middle of the toyota emblem to the bottom of the flare, right?
Old 04-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #1228

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I also just put it on yesterday. Thinking it will settle a fair bit.

But just to check... middle of the toyota emblem to the bottom of the flare, right?
Yes , that's correct

Also for some reason I thought you had 885's
Old 04-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #1229
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
^ Yes
Old 04-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #1230

Quote:
Yes , that's correct

Also for some reason I thought you had 885's
Ah. No. Planning on adding a bumper, skids, and a winch. Planned ahead.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:49 PM   #1231
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ah. No. Planning on adding a bumper, skids, and a winch. Planned ahead.
So did I. That's why I got the 885s for my 4Banger.
Added a 1/4" spacer when I added sliders & skids.
Might add another when I get my aluminum bumper with reciever mounted winch so I can use it front or rear & so I'm not always carring the extra weight on my front.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:41 AM   #1232
fbj913 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
fbj913's Tacoma Gallery
I have searched and searched and I know I've seen it before...

What adjustment is everyone running with the Light Racing Upper Control arm (UCA)? Currently I have both sides set in line with the control arm. letter D- http://www.spcalignment.net/instruct...70-INS_WEB.pdf.

I got my full OME 886's and dakar leafs installed on Saturday. And I'm heading to get an alignment this morning. I'll post some numbers and comments after I get everything fine tuned and get it up to speed.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #1233
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
I have searched and searched and I know I've seen it before...

What adjustment is everyone running with the Light Racing Upper Control arm (UCA)? Currently I have both sides set in line with the control arm. letter D- http://www.spcalignment.net/instruct...70-INS_WEB.pdf.

I got my full OME 886's and dakar leafs installed on Saturday. And I'm heading to get an alignment this morning. I'll post some numbers and comments after I get everything fine tuned and get it up to speed.
Same here, D - Neutral, @2.0*
Old 04-22-2013, 07:14 AM   #1234

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
Same here, D - Neutral, @2.0*
X2
Old 04-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #1235

Quote:
Ok, I don't think I actually did. I think I'm dealing with Settling and uneven spots.

I tried a few times today, in 5 different locations, and I can't get a consistent reading.

Front Left: 23.25"-24"
Front Right: 23.25"-24"

Rear Left: 24.75"-25"
Rear Right: 24.25"-25"

The fronts are different in every single place I measured. Seems to be somewhere around 23.75" more consistently. The rears are 25" pretty much everywhere except my driveway (which has a small amount of slope).
Old 04-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #1236
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
That sounds right ^
Old 04-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #1238

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
That sounds right ^
Quote:
Better
Yeah, I just wish I could get a consistent reading at more than 1 location.

Of course, it also would have helped if I measured before the lift.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #1239
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, I just wish I could get a consistent reading at more than 1 location.

Of course, it also would have helped if I measured before the lift.
Nobody but Oz has the discipline to measure before tearing into a new project
Old 04-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #1240
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Perusing this thread as I have made the decision to replace my stock suspension. My rear leafs are shot. I want to keep the stock UCAs. I need suggestions for purchase and installation in the LA/OC region in socal.

I currently have a flippac and load it pretty heavy when going camping/offroad/overlanding. Hopefully there will be a Four Wheel Camper in the future. I'm not looking for max lift but rather ability to carry the load.

I don't want a harsh ride up front. Sounds like some of you have a rougher ride on-road, i.e. speedbumps. Off-road is a smooth ride?

Thanks.

Products Discussed in this Thread