Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #1381
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
That's where I got mine

and longer centre pins
I can't find centre pins locally.
Maybe that place by the theatre has them.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #1382
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Well Mr. FedEx just dropped off my suspension. Can't wait to get it installed
Old 05-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #1383
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I just bought a set of OME 885s with 5100s set at zero. All preassembled ready to go. Can I get away without UCA? Someone said they rub OEM UCA.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #1384
Driving a tacoma is a lifestyle
09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all

Name: Jason
09tacorunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
Hey I just bought a set of OME 885s with 5100s set at zero. All preassembled ready to go. Can I get away without UCA? Someone said they rub OEM UCA.

headstrongoffroad.com has Light Racing UCAs for $375. If you need them that is...
Old 05-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #1385
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
For those of you wondering what the Dakars can handle it's a lot.
This is 126 25lb retaining wall blocks 3,150lbs (1 1/2" from bump stops). Load is not centered over axle or all the way forward in bed. The truck would have gone a lot less Bro if I had loaded it all the way forward.

This is 48 25lb retaining wall blocks 1,200lbs centered over axle (3 1/2" from bump stops). Rides is a lot better with the 1,200lbs than it was with 3,150lbs. The front was a little light with the 3,150lbs.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #1386
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am confused by your question, are you talking about the UCA hitting the coils or the tire rubbing the UCA?
Old 05-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #1387
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
I am confused by your question, are you talking about the UCA hitting the coils or the tire rubbing the UCA?
Someone said the 885 coils will rub the OEM UCA. True?
Old 05-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #1388
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Someone said the 885 coils will rub the OEM UCA. True?
Not on a Gen 3.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #1389
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
This is 126 25lb retaining wall blocks 3,150lbs (1 1/2" from bump stops). Load is not centered over axle or all the way forward in bed. The truck would have gone a lot less Bro if I had loaded it all the way forward.

This is 48 25lb retaining wall blocks 1,200lbs centered over axle (3 1/2" from bump stops). Rides is a lot better with the 1,200lbs than it was with 3,150lbs. The front was a little light with the 3,150lbs.

Are you not just resting on the bumps?

They are not handling the load if on the bumps. If they are off the bumps that pretty impressive.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #1390
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

That's stupid
Old 05-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #1391
aka Frank Gallagher...

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
Not on a Gen 3.
You mean 2nd gen?
Old 05-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #1392
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
I wasn't sure ether.
If you ment run I have 885s with stock UCAs. Castor not quite in spec but it drives fine.
If you ment rub they don't rub my coils.
Tire rub on UCAs would be a tire size/wheel BS issue.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #1393
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
Are you not just resting on the bumps?

They are not handling the load if on the bumps. If they are off the bumps that pretty impressive.
With 3150lbs 1 1/2" off bumps.
With 1200lbs 3 1/2" off bumps.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #1394
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

[...]
Thanks for the real world results, but I'd rather no one found the limits like that. If you need to move this kind of weight, try to use a trailer. It's easier to load, better on the truck, and rental fees are usually low. Glad it seems to have worked out for you this time.

Aside from any other concerns, if the load had shifted, a block could easily damage your shell.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #1395
aka Frank Gallagher...

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
I wasn't sure ether.
If you ment run I have 885s with stock UCAs. Castor not quite in spec but it drives fine.
If you ment rub they don't rub my coils.
Tire rub on UCAs would be a tire size/wheel BS issue.
Sorry for the confusion. Someone said te actual coil touches the UCA. Guess that was wrong.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #1396
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
I read the threads on the OME 883-886 springs, lift etc. What I'm wondering is this.
For a 2.7L reg cab 4wd (quite light) what height gain would be had if a gen2 (yes, Gen2, not 1) Tacoma front end stock, had an OME 880 spring put on. Bad idea? maybe .5" lift no prob? All I see different is stock is 355mm, 880's are 365mm.

I'm just curious since I debating some tire clearance/slight leveling for tires that aren't rubbing now. I'm just pondering this instead of putting the 5100's I have at .8". Fwiw I wont be doing a 1"+ lift, just kicking around some ideas.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #1397
redcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really nice

Name: Christopher
redcbs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to redcbs Send a message via Skype™ to redcbs
Lift installed yesterday. Full 3" with Dakars. Alignment tomorrow hopefully. More functional (Avid Light bar/Step Rails) and cosmetic (debadging/blacking chrome etc) to come.

Thanks for all the advice/hints! Took my friend and I a little over 11 hours.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #1398
Tacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant future

Name: DREW
Tacominer's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys i got a question for ya. I just bought some 5100's and OME 885's and the wheelers 2" AAL for the rear. should i be safe and buy new bump stop or will i be okay?
Old 05-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #1399
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcbs View Post
Lift installed yesterday. Full 3" with Dakars. Alignment tomorrow hopefully. More functional (Avid Light bar/Step Rails) and cosmetic (debadging/blacking chrome etc) to come.

Thanks for all the advice/hints! Took my friend and I a little over 11 hours.

Truck looks great! Nice job!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:40 AM   #1400
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You mean 2nd gen?
No, I'm saying that they don't rub on my Gen 3. No idea what year the truck in question is.

Products Discussed in this Thread