Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2013, 06:44 AM   #1401
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
With 3150lbs 1 1/2" off bumps.
With 1200lbs 3 1/2" off bumps.
I had 1000lbs of sand in the back and the Dakars didn't flinch... Actually rode pretty nice. I wouldn't hesitate to haul a ton of stone or fill if I had to.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:48 AM   #1402
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I have
23.5" front with 886x
24.5" rear Expo Leafs and nitro chargers.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #1403
redcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really nice

Name: Christopher
redcbs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to redcbs Send a message via Skype™ to redcbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardscrabble View Post
Truck looks great! Nice job!
Thanks! I'm real happy with the way it turned out. Alignment won't happen till Wednesday though :-\
Old 05-08-2013, 05:06 AM   #1404
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Wow!
Got my installation completed yesterday. Took a while with some unforseen delays. No biggie. I am impressed with the lift and ride. Not too agressive by any means. Toyota wake up and start making trucks that can do what trucks do!
I'm not off work again til this weekend and will post pics and measurements at that time.

My old leafs were shot, drivers side rear strut blown with melted plastic cover-might have been overheated from the off-road miles I put on it.

Bwahahahahahaha TOYOTA factory suspension(served me well for many miles but not built to handle too much)

p.s.
I've had some oat soda.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #1405
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
With 3150lbs 1 1/2" off bumps.
With 1200lbs 3 1/2" off bumps.
Back to empty, now at 4 3/4" from bump stops.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #1406
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Back to empty, now at 4 3/4" from bump stops.
You have stock bumps ?
Old 05-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #1407
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You have stock bumps ?
Yes.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #1408
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes.
So at 1 3/4" from the stock bumps were you on the Dakar overloads ?
Old 05-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #1409
FMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Hospital Corpsman
Name: Topher
FMF's Tacoma Gallery
Just a few pics of my truck with the OME heavy duty suspension

Stock

ARB bumper, OME Heavy Duty and winch

And how is sits as of yesterday

The front is no where near as high as I would have hoped. I think a spacer is needed of maybe something stiffer than 886 upfront. Out back every thing is great! I am thinking of getting the AAL for it. Has any one found a way to stop the squeaking from the rear leafs?
Old 05-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #1410
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome! Nice wheel combination!

Yeah, mine dropped down in the front with a plate bumper and skid. Thinking spacer as well.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #1411
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMF View Post

The front is no where near as high as I would have hoped. I think a spacer is needed of maybe something stiffer than 886 upfront. Out back every thing is great! I am thinking of getting the AAL for it. Has any one found a way to stop the squeaking from the rear leafs?
There are a lot of threads discussing the squeak. I think the general consensus is clean them and the lube them. I think others have used cut up pieces of bicycle tubes in between them too.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...rs-dakars.html

edit: looks like pond liner instead of bicycle tubes
Old 05-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #1412
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
So at 1 3/4" from the stock bumps were you on the Dakar overloads ?
Yes.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #1413

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes.
Didn't that put your leafs into negative arch then ?
Old 05-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #1414
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Didn't that put your leafs into negative arch then ?
thats how my stock leafs are now
Old 05-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #1415

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
thats how my stock leafs are now
That's common for the shitty Toyota leafs
Old 05-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #1416
FMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Hospital Corpsman
Name: Topher
FMF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
There are a lot of threads discussing the squeak. I think the general consensus is clean them and the lube them. I think others have used cut up pieces of bicycle tubes in between them too.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...rs-dakars.html

edit: looks like pond liner instead of bicycle tubes
Thanks! Mine started squeaking just a few days after the install!
Old 05-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #1417

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMF View Post
Thanks! Mine started squeaking just a few days after the install!
That guy's thread is amazingly brilliant
Old 05-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #1418
Last Straw of Brittfartikus
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That guy's thread is amazingly brilliant

http://youtu.be/J6_1Pw1xm9U

Old 05-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #1419
Shaowei is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
Shaowei's Tacoma Gallery
Noob question. I've gone through this thread and am still not sure of the answer. If I were to have a full OME kit installed (leaf pack, shocks, and springs), what else will I need or is recommend? Thanks!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #1420

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaowei View Post
Noob question. I've gone through this thread and am still not sure of the answer. If I were to have a full OME kit installed (leaf pack, shocks, and springs), what else will I need or is recommend? Thanks!
Which coils ?

Products Discussed in this Thread