Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

wheelers or toytec AAL. experiences?

Old 01-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #1
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
wheelers or toytec AAL. experiences?

What are some experiences with each AAL. Im going with a 2in in either wheelers or toytec. Going with 5100 in the front at 2.5. Thanks for any help and suggestions.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Wheelers 3 leaf progressive AAL is rated for 1.5 inches after taking out the stock overload leaf. If you leave it in you should get about 2" of lift with a better ride for only slightly more monies. Just an option worth considering.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
I had toytec 1.5" AAL and wheeled it hard for 30,000 miles then noticed one of the AALs had cracked.

But that may have happened with any company's AAL.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for the input.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Had a 2in Wheeler's AAL on for over a year and no complaints here, liked their customer service too
Old 01-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #6
Drive it like a 4WD

I've been talking with Dan at wheelers. Customer service will probably be the deciding factor. I don't know if there is really any difference between the two AALs. Just wanting to hear some reviews and maybe see some measurements.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #7
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
FYI, most of the AALs come from the same company, Deaver, which basically just gets their stuff from the big manufacturers or distributors (i.e. Betts springs). So although there might be a dimensional difference (not likely) from one AAL to another just so folks can call it their own, performance and durability wise they are nearly the same and so I'd just buy from the company that sells them for the best price.

Its always funny hearing people bash certain comps when all they really are is retailers buying from a bigger retailer (although referred to as spring manufacturer) who simply just get their shit from some actual manufacturer in India or China for the purpose of maximizing profit.

Made in the USA, yeah okay sure they are, but wheres the steal coming from?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #8
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabassman View Post
I've been talking with Dan at wheelers. Customer service will probably be the deciding factor. I don't know if there is really any difference between the two AALs. Just wanting to hear some reviews and maybe see some measurements.
Make sure he includes some candy with the shipment
Old 01-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #9
Drive it like a 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Make sure he includes some candy with the shipment
Haha ok I've seen mention of candy a couple if times now, what is special about the candy?
Old 01-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #10
mirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
mirraman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Wheelers 3 leaf progressive AAL is rated for 1.5 inches after taking out the stock overload leaf. If you leave it in you should get about 2" of lift with a better ride for only slightly more monies. Just an option worth considering.
^2X

I left my overload spring in too. The ride was great with the billy 5125s! Felt better than stock
Old 01-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #12
Drive it like a 4WD

On the progressive AAL it is 3 more leafs that are added to the current set?
Old 01-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #13
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Three thinner ones that progressively support as load is added rather than one big one

Also, PM 4WD on here. He can build you a sweet leaf pack for cheap as well.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #14
Drive it like a 4WD

Thanks folks.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:57 PM   #15
ms4x4outlaws is on a distinguished road

Name: Darren
ms4x4outlaws's Tacoma Gallery
I am in the market to order some leafs for my 05 trd off road. With the research I have done it looks like I'm going with the progressive 3 leaf from wheelers....
I just cant decide on the HD of regular ones????????????
Help me decide please...........

Gabassman what did you decide on?
Old 01-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #16
Drive it like a 4WD

I just went with the toytec 2 in. I bought the toytec kit with the 885s and AAL
Old 01-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #17
ms4x4outlaws is on a distinguished road

Name: Darren
ms4x4outlaws's Tacoma Gallery
I just talk to wheeler offroad and I'm going to go with the AAL 3 leaf pack non HD.