Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear Brake lines after lift.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #1
totmacher has a spectacular aura abouttotmacher has a spectacular aura about

totmacher's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Brake lines after lift.

I plan to buy longer rear brake lines since installing my Dakars but am wondering about something.

There are the 2 flex lines toward the driver side that are typically replaced. What is the pair of smaller lines closer to center? Anyone ever have issues with those being too short?
Attached Thumbnails
Rear Brake lines after lift.-dscf5847-brakelines.jpg  
Old 01-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
offroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Jared
offroadwonder's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel speed sensors. They are so close to the center that they shouldn't be a problem.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by totmacher View Post
I plan to buy longer rear brake lines since installing my Dakars but am wondering about something.

There are the 2 flex lines toward the driver side that are typically replaced. What is the pair of smaller lines closer to center? Anyone ever have issues with those being too short?

you can make a little bracket to raise them up.

not the prettiest, but I found a old piece of galvanized strap to raise mine up a few inches.

I have a ton of droop though, so they were stretched

Justin
Old 01-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #4

The axle droop when jacking the frame is what concerned me. I was imaging taking truck to a shop and when they put it on the lift seeing those lines pop off.
I think I've got some scrap aluminum bars somewhere in the garage that I can use to make a bracket like that.

thanks guys.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #5
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
05tacoSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
. On OEM lines. If you adjust the mount you will gain all you need. Or you can spend $$$ on new lines
Old 01-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #6

I thought the brake flex lines were attached to hard lines. How do you adjust the mount without bending the hardlines?
Old 01-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #7
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05tacoSPORT View Post
. On OEM lines. If you adjust the mount you will gain all you need. Or you can spend $$$ on new lines
Holy droop. Are those invisible shocks? I am also curios to see how you did this with the stock lines
Old 01-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #8
offroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Jared
offroadwonder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05tacoSPORT View Post
Wow, I will be studying your build thread closely. I would love to have that much movement in the rear.