Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

noob lift and tow questions

Old 01-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
bareefer is on a distinguished road
Name: Frank
bareefer's Tacoma Gallery
noob lift and tow questions

hi i just got my taco and sorry about the noob questions. I was wondering if some people who tow with their tacos can chime in on this . i mainly use the taco as a dd but want to go off road maybe 5 times a year and tow a boat about 3500lb. about every weekend. i was looking at getting the ome kit but im not sure what rear kit to get. dont know if i need the extra Dakars or if add a leaf will work. i also dont know what the difference with reg leaf and tsb leaf? can someone clarify this for me thanks in advance.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareefer View Post
hi i just got my taco and sorry about the noob questions. I was wondering if some people who tow with their tacos can chime in on this . i mainly use the taco as a dd but want to go off road maybe 5 times a year and tow a boat about 3500lb. about every weekend. i was looking at getting the ome kit but im not sure what rear kit to get. dont know if i need the extra Dakars or if add a leaf will work. i also dont know what the difference with reg leaf and tsb leaf? can someone clarify this for me thanks in advance.

Not sure about dakars......I've never ridden with them, but I think they offer 2 setups, 1 has an additional overload.

I had a deaver 1.5" aal.....the back end bucked when unloaded.

Now I have an icon progressive (3 leaf) aal and it rides smoother than the single aal....both setups paired with 5100s.

As for the tsb.......

Look under ur truck.......u prolly have 2 long leaves (slightly arched pieces of flat steel), and 1 shorter 1.

If u have 3 long ones and 1 shorter 1, then u have the tsb.