Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytec 1.5 AAL with 5100's

Old 01-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
wildtrt is on a distinguished road
wildtrt's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec 1.5 AAL with 5100's

Guys I know this topic has been beaten up and back down but I need some advice. My mech installed the AAl and the Billies today. Set at 1.75. Still a good rake. I want to get close to level. The ride isn't much different than stock. Rides like a truck, all good. I know the AAL will settle a bit, so.
Should I put the Eibach Coils on so I can get the Billies cranked down to .85 for better ride and the consensus seems to be that will make it nice and level?
Should I set the Billies at 2.5 and be done with it?
Do I need a differential drop kit?
There is no vibe that I notice, I'm waiting a couple of days then bringing it back for final Billie adjust and alignment. Again this topic has been hammered but I do appreciate the advice.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtrt View Post
Guys I know this topic has been beaten up and back down but I need some advice. My mech installed the AAl and the Billies today. Set at 1.75. Still a good rake. I want to get close to level. The ride isn't much different than stock. Rides like a truck, all good. I know the AAL will settle a bit, so.
Should I put the Eibach Coils on so I can get the Billies cranked down to .85 for better ride and the consensus seems to be that will make it nice and level?
Should I set the Billies at 2.5 and be done with it?
Do I need a differential drop kit?
There is no vibe that I notice, I'm waiting a couple of days then bringing it back for final Billie adjust and alignment. Again this topic has been hammered but I do appreciate the advice.

I wouldnt reccomend preloading coils if u can avoid it...eibach 620s are much firmer than stock already so I dont know if u rlly wanna preload em.
Ive ridden in a truck with the toytec "ultimate lift" and it rode rlly rough and I dont think its worth the money...that said, I dont think preloading the eibachs would ride as good as getting longer OME coils and OME shocks in the future OR a better setup.

throw about 200lbs of play sand (bagged) in the back over the axle for a month...it will settle some. Then u can re measure.

also make sure ur AAL is installed correctly......some shops throw em in backwards