Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME Front / Bilstein 5100 Rear

Old 01-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
OME Front / Bilstein 5100 Rear

I'm curious if it would be possible to put OME front 90000 shocks with OME 886's with Bilstein 5100's and the Toytec 1.5'' AAL in the rear. I'm not looking for this right now as I just got a new lift but I'm just wondering if this would be possible if I ever want to upgrade to 886's. On the other hand, have others run the OME 886's with 5100's? I've heard they are not recommended, but can any damage be done by doing this? Are the 5100's not long enough to be put on with the 886's?

Matt
Old 01-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #2
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Bump
Old 01-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
yeah you're cool man you can run four different shocks technically. many people pair the OME coils with the bilstein shocks because of the inexpensive availability of bilsteins. it's not any more dangerous than running bilsteins with stock coils. I run 881's with 5100's all around and its quite nice after it all softens up
Old 01-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #4
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know why OME says you should only put 886s on their shocks but they do.
On the other hand I have 885s on nitro sports up front & 5100s in the rear.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think there are many people running 886's with 5100's

884 and 885's yes
Old 01-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #6

Firefighter:
Yes, I have 885's on Bilstein 5100's, but I was just wondering about ever upgrading to 886's while still keeping my 5100's or having to trade out for 9000's. Anyone have a specific reason why they recommend OME shocks only with 886's other than the profit they get from it?

Matt
Old 01-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Yes, I have 885's on Bilstein 5100's, but I was just wondering about ever upgrading to 886's while still keeping my 5100's or having to trade out for 9000's. Anyone have a specific reason why they recommend OME shocks only with 886's other than the profit they get from it?

Matt
I would imagine it's because the 886 coils are beyond what the 5100's can dampen. It's like putting OME 885's on stock shocks. Yes, it will work, it's just not a good idea, will ride horrible and could result in a blown shock. The 886's are a very stiff coil.

Technically, OME recommends you pair any of their coils with their shocks. Same with Bilstein and Toytec/Eibach. The fact that you can use some OME coils on 5100's doesn't mean that either manufacturer recommends doing so.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #8

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I would imagine it's because the 886 coils are beyond what the 5100's can dampen. It's like putting OME 885's on stock shocks. Yes, it will work, it's just not a good idea, will ride horrible and could result in a blown shock. The 886's are a very stiff coil.

Technically, OME recommends you pair any of their coils with their shocks. Same with Bilstein and Toytec/Eibach. The fact that you can use some OME coils on 5100's doesn't mean that either manufacturer recommends doing so.
That's what I thought, I was just curious as to how "dangerous" it actually was to run this combo.

But, it would be just fine to run OME 90000 shocks (paired with 886's) in the front and Bilstein 5100's (paired with TSB AAL and Toytec 1.5'' AAL) in the rear?

Matt