Notices

Bilstein 5100 at 2.5 review

Old 01-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
nschmittsd is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Nick
nschmittsd's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 at 2.5 review

Hi guys I just wanted to post that I readjusted my bilstein shocks from the 1.75 setting to the 2.5. My truck looked level at the 1.75 setting but I wanted it a little bit nose high. At the 2.5 setting they are not too hard. They seem to be the same stiffness as before. Here's a pic
Old 01-18-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
JK2010 is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
JK2010's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! Im installing mine this weekend and was planning on setting it to 1.75
Old 01-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #4
JpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement:
JpAdct's Tacoma Gallery
Any other experience with the Bilsteins at 2.5? Some say this is a very stiff ride, other's say it's very similar to the ride at 1.75. I'd love to hear some more experience on this.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:41 AM   #5
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
looks good

congrats on having the impossibly elusive double cab long bed TRD offroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nschmittsd View Post
Hi guys I just wanted to post that I readjusted my bilstein shocks from the 1.75 setting to the 2.5. My truck looked level at the 1.75 setting but I wanted it a little bit nose high. At the 2.5 setting they are not too hard. They seem to be the same stiffness as before. Here's a pic
Old 01-24-2013, 05:45 AM   #6
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JpAdct View Post
Any other experience with the Bilsteins at 2.5? Some say this is a very stiff ride, other's say it's very similar to the ride at 1.75. I'd love to hear some more experience on this.
I rode in a true TRD offroad (progressive coils) set at 2.5 and thought it rode very rough.....but thats a subjective claim, sorry. Each person has their own perceptions
Old 01-24-2013, 06:10 AM   #7
JpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement:
JpAdct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
I rode in a true TRD offroad (progressive coils) set at 2.5 and thought it rode very rough.....but thats a subjective claim, sorry. Each person has their own perceptions
Anybody near central Florida running this set up on TRD Off Road springs?
Old 01-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #8
bobbybreach is on a distinguished road
Air Force: fire team leader
Name: bobby
bobbybreach's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nschmittsd View Post
Do you have a TSB or any type of rear lift? Also what size are your tires?
Old 01-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #9
nschmittsd is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Nick
nschmittsd's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybreach View Post
Do you have a TSB or any type of rear lift? Also what size are your tires?
i dont have a rear lift just the stock 3 leaf pack. and my truck is an sr5. i just bought it used and it came with trd decals haha i never took them off. tires are 265 65 17. im getting 285's in the next couple weeks
Old 12-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #10
TMACTacoma is on a distinguished road
TMACTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JpAdct View Post
I have the Bilsteins set at 2.5". Its somewhat rough. Its a simple, fairly cheap lift to level your truck but they aren't the best ride. When you go over speed bumps and such, you can really feel a jarring feeling coming from the coil overs. On the freeway in some spots, it gets pretty bumpy and you can really feel the stiffness. I would like a smoother ride, so I will probably upgrade to the Fox 2.0's when i get the money to. Im also considering setting them back down to 1.75" for the time being because I cannot get the alignment right with them at 2.5" with stock UCA's. So I am debating on keeping them set at 2.5" and getting some UCA's, or just saving money for now and lowering them to 1.75". I am also curious to see what my truck will look like at 1.75", because right now it sits a little nose high.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #11
Token
Fluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fluffymonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
looks good

congrats on having the impossibly elusive double cab long bed TRD offroad

Lols I didn't catch that. I was too focused on the bird dookie.

I'm glad you posted this. I've been looking for opinions on the 2.5 ride quality. Almost everything i've heard hasn't been good, but I realize all is subjective. I'm likely just going to keep mine at 1.75 and add the additional hat spacer that toytec supplies for the additional lift because I really don't want any more preload.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #12
TMACTacoma is on a distinguished road
TMACTacoma's Tacoma Gallery