Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Reduce freeway drive stiffness on TRD Offroad shocks

Old 01-18-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
sanders09 is on a distinguished road
sanders09's Tacoma Gallery
Reduce freeway drive stiffness on TRD Offroad shocks

I have had my 2013 Tacoma for a week now, and noticed the ride is a little stiff on the freeway. I have the TRD Offroad package with the stock Bilstien shocks. Does anyone know of some good shocks or suspension modifications that will smooth out my ride on the freeway by reducing the stiffness? I do not want to lift or lower, just keeps things as close to stock as possible.

Thanks
Old 01-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #2
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Is the truck completely stock, tires ect?
How many miles?
I bet it will smooth out or soften a bit fairly soon.
The next thing would be tire pressure. If you are running higher pressure it will stiffen up the ride. You don't want to go too soft on pressure but just the next easy thing to check.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
GFY
BigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Big Head
BigHeadTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I would guess that over a few months they will soften a little considering your truck is brand new.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
if you put a few sand bags in the back (over wheel well) it could smooth you right out. I put in 240# for winter snow traction but it could help while your truck breaks in.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Give it some time...... everything is gonna be stiff until they wear in.

What did you drive prior to the tacoma?

The tacoma won't ride like a car. The suspension will be stiff in any truck because it hauls & tows heavy loads. You can't have a soft cushy ride (like a car) and be able to tow & haul.

If you like the truck enough...give it time, you'll get used to it.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #6
sanders09 is on a distinguished road
sanders09's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, you guys have been a big help. My truck is brand new has 350 miles on it and is completely stock. It makes a lot of sense what everyone has said about giving it time to break in. I haven't had a truck in about 6 years. I've been driving sedans since then. There is a big difference. Other than the stiff suspension, the truck is great. I guess I just need to give it time to break in.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #7
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
everything takes a little bit to break in. New shocks. New springs. hell I bet most guys on here spend more time "breaking in" their trucks than broken in. 350 miles! yeah you got a lot of breaking in to do!