Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Best 3" lift for 05 Tacoma?

Old 01-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
Tacoma1991 is on a distinguished road

Name: Layne
Tacoma1991's Tacoma Gallery
Best 3" lift for 05 Tacoma?

Just wondering on a good 3" lift for a 05 Tacoma and what size tires this will allow. Sorry I know its a general simple question, but just bought my first Tacoma and I am new to lifting them. Thanks guys.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
search IS your friend
Old 01-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #3
B11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
B11's Tacoma Gallery
I've been researching this same question and it seems you can use the search all you want and read till your eyes cross and you won't get a definitive answer.

But, based on what I've read a call to Toyteclifts.com will most likely answer all your questions.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #4
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B11 View Post
I've been researching this same question and it seems you can use the search all you want and read till your eyes cross and you won't get a definitive answer.

But, based on what I've read a call to Toyteclifts.com will most likely answer all your questions.
That's because it all depends on what you intend to use your truck for. Street queens will be fine with a basic lift that is only a couple hundred dollars, where as off road vehicles will be needing a more expensive lift.

Here is how I look at it, I had enough money to buy a $30,000 truck. I am not going to put cheap parts on it.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #5
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
Spend $1500. Call DownSouth Motorsports. Order the old man emu lift and upper control arms.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #6
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Coilovers, uca's and leafs.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #7
B11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
B11's Tacoma Gallery
Regardless of what lift I choose I know UCA will be included in my project.

For me, I'm leaning toward the Icon lift and UCA's.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #8
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
Here is how I look at it, I had enough money to buy a $30,000 truck. I am not going to put cheap parts on it.
This.

Also I don't off road a whole lot just some trails here and there and I still never even considered getting spacers. I'd look at a Toytec kit with 5100's or the OME kit.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #9
B11's Tacoma Gallery
Both of those must be good lifts because they seem to be the two most popular Tacoma lifts used.

I kinda like being a little different so I'm leaning toward the Icon lift w/UCA's or maybe even FabTech's 3in. lift w/UCA's but there doesn't appear to be a lot of love around here for FabTech and their 3in. lift. Any particular reason/s why?????
Old 01-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #10
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Fabtech is geared more towards the street. Like I said, it all depends on what you intend to do with your truck.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #11
B11's Tacoma Gallery
MrGrimm, what do you mean by that? Does FabTech have durability issue, is their stuff just not built as stout, or do they valve their shocks for a more street use application???
Old 01-19-2013, 03:23 PM   #12
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Both of those must be good lifts because they seem to be the two most popular Tacoma lifts used.
They're good setups for the money, that's why they're very popular. I would have sprung for something like Icon had I wanted to spend that kind of money and actually used my truck off road more. More higher end stuff. I'd certainly go Icon if you have the money for it, certainly over Fabtech.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:45 PM   #13
B11's Tacoma Gallery
Icon is my current #1 pick but why Icon over FabTech.

I'm not looking to start any kind of pissing match over one brand vs another but I would like to hear the reasons why you would go Icon way before FabTech. If you like one versus the other "just because" I'm ok with that too but if it's more than that I'd like to hear why. Like I said, so far, I'm looking at Icon w/UCA's and steering clear of FabTech but I would like to know why I should.

Also, how lame will my DBL Cab TRD OR look with a Icon lift and stock tires/wheels????

I like the TRD forged beedlock wheels but they're 17's and I can't decide if I wanna go that direction or stay 16's so until I do it'll be riding on stockies...
Old 01-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #14
Kenny Fuckin Powers

I just think Icon seems more proven around here by some people that really wheel their trucks. Plus if you're looking at the Icon Stage 1 when all is said and done with UCA's I think you can actually end up paying a little less than what the Fabtec costs.

And completely stock tires will look small. You'd at least want a beefier 265/75/16 or 265/70/17.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #15

Thanks guys I was looking into these three lifts if any of you have an opinion:

OME: http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Bilstein: http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Toyotec: http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Thanks for all the help and replies I am new to this also typically what size tires and rims do you run with these three inch set ups?
Old 01-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #16

Mild trails and surf fishing so beach wheeling, mostly on road though since I am a college student and commute regularly. I plan to put a bull bar on the front nothing big and I have a toolbox in it now. I will tow with it some since I have an atv and a small boat. Other than that I don't have any other plans other than to enjoy it and hopefully turn some heads. Thanks
Old 01-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #17
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd... The more I research and read the more confused and torn I am between what to get... Looking forward to hearing some more.

Good luck with the lift!
Old 01-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #18

Yea same here hoping for some good answers
Old 01-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #20
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I kinda like being a little different so I'm leaning toward the Icon lift w/UCA's or maybe even FabTech's 3in. lift w/UCA's but there doesn't appear to be a lot of love around here for FabTech and their 3in. lift. Any particular reason/s why?????
Popularity means nothing and same can be said with being different. Just because everyone's drinking the cool aid doesn't mean it tastes good.

I have seen what I consider crap products be offered in here many times just to see many members sign up and get them for the sheer fact of buying something to bolt on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma1991 View Post
Thanks guys I was looking into these three lifts if any of you have an opinion:

OME: http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Bilstein: http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Toyotec: http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Thanks for all the help and replies I am new to this also typically what size tires and rims do you run with these three inch set ups?
For what you have said the uses of the truck will be IMHO the OME lift will suite you best and have the least problems along the way.