Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Loose bed? Weird thump?

Old 01-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
Can't spell class without...
JT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Since 2009.
Name: JT
JT Class's Tacoma Gallery
Loose bed? Weird thump?

I've tried searching but never really found a helpful thread and not too sure what category to be honest I would look into, but suspension seems as close as it gets.

I have a weird thumping sound that is coming from the read end of my taco. When ever I hit a crack in the road it feels like I get an after ''Thud'' on my frame, or some hard point in the rear. I checked all the in bed bolts and they are all snug and gave it the angry wtf bed shake, to no avail...tight. For some reason my mind is telling me that it is a loose bed, but I can't find any evidence! Is there some kind of known problems with this, this ''Thud'' is now expected after every bump and it is driving me crazy!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Loose spare in the carrier ?

Receiver in the hitch ?
Old 01-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Possibly this?

T-SB NV007-05Cab Mount Bolt.pdf

T-SB-SU002-05 Rear Suspension Noise.pdf

Frank
Old 01-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #4
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
sure ur not topping out the rear shocks?

how many leafs in the pack?

do u have the TSB PLUS an aal? if so which aal?

what model rear shocks?

not just "5100s", but whats the actual model #?
Old 01-25-2013, 06:14 AM   #5
Can't spell class without...
JT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Since 2009.
Name: JT
JT Class's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys,

Thanks for the response, sorry for the delay was working shifts.

So far all is stock got the yellow banana billy's with a tsb springs in the back. I thinking i might have a shot shock, yesterday I pushed down on the box after it compressed about 2-4 inches it made the thump.... Everything is solid, unfortunately I am no expert in shocks, but if it is the shocks fortunately for me I was planning to go to 5100 all around in the spring.