Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Adjustable coil overs on a 1st gen vs. basic billies/eibachs

Old 01-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
North Georgia Member
TacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoXtreme's Tacoma Gallery
Adjustable coil overs on a 1st gen vs. basic billies/eibachs

Okay so my 97 has Billie adjustables up front (stock coils) and billies and pro comp 1.5" AAL in the rear. Stock coils are sagging and I planned on replacing with eibachs. But is it worth the extra $ for the adjustable coilover kit for the 5100's? Stock height on the 5100's with the eibachs is supposed to be 3". Is the adj. coilover kit solely to achieve more than 3"? Yes I searched. Sorry if I overlooked my answer. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
wait so you already have 5100's up front?
bilsteins are already adjustable if you get the eibachs then I believe you're supposed to set them on the second spring perch to get to 3". there's no separate kit for the adjustability of the shocks
Old 01-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
North Georgia Member
TacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoXtreme's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec offers a kit with spanner wrenches and a threaded piece that mount on top of the eibachs. And it says it turns your 5100 eibach combo into an adjustable coilover
Old 01-22-2013, 02:19 AM   #4
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
oooo similar to king or Fox? gotcha. I wouldn't think you would need that level of adjustability. the current spring perches will achieve any additional lift and should get you damn near 3 inches