Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Prerunner lift suggestions

Old 01-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
jslum is on a distinguished road
Name: jason
jslum's Tacoma Gallery
Prerunner lift suggestions

I want to do a 3" lift on my 2013 DC prerunner TRD I cannot decide which route to go spindles or 3100s and UCAs in the front or spindles.
Not sure if I have this right or not but to what I understand There are currently no aftermarket coils that will fit 2012 and 2013 so I will need to use my stock ones and if I want to keep it properly aligned I need UCAs
but is that all I need?
No 1/4 in spacer to fix the lean?
Which one would be a better lift?
pros and cons of each?
I'm not planning on doing much off-road but I will be doing some hauling in the bed and some towing
Looking at 3100s in the rear and 1.5 AAL
will I need shims for the rear?

I have read and read and read about this and was going to go with the OME kit but it includes coils which looks like they dont work on my year.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #2
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
OME (old man emu)
Old 01-18-2013, 10:57 PM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Ome will work just fine, where's the info about not fitting 12/13?

Id pair em with the ome shocks if I had the money since they were made to work with eachother. 5100s with most ome coils will work tho, just the 886 iirc isn't a good idea with 5100s? I may be wrong.

Spindles will retain factory ride, not sure if u will need new offset rims or spacers for any clearence tho.

Rear id suggest a progressive aal...icon or wheelers with 5100s.

Shims for driveline?
Its a toss up.....some do some don't

As for new ucas, well 2.5" is the point where ppl may or may not need em also.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #4
jslum's Tacoma Gallery
on toytec it says 885 and 886 OME springs are only for through 09
Old 01-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #5
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslum View Post
on toytec it says 885 and 886 OME springs are only for through 09
taking a look, sounds lame....I wasnt aware of changes
Old 01-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #6
dlooney has a spectacular aura aboutdlooney has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dennis
dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
There's a whole thread on maxtrac spindles. Best way to lift a prerunner hands down. They only make a 4 inch lift though, camburg has a 3.5 inch I think, but it is EXPENSIVE. If you do go with spindles, you can keep everything stock up front, no ucas need. But you'll need to run 1.25 or 1.5 inch wheel spacers if you have stock rims. Or you could get new rims with 4.5 inch back spacing. And unless you want to be leanin like a bro, you might need a 2 inch AAL. I don't know, depends on your preference.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #7

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
u mean this?

Quote:
-883 --- Front Coil Springs Used alone as leveling coils (approx. 1 1/2") for 07-09 FJ Cruiser, 05-09 Tacoma, & 03-09 4-Runner.

The coils below are for 07-09 FJ Cruiser, 05-09 Tacoma, & 03-09 4-Runner.

---884--- 2" lift standard coils - add top plate spacers for full 3" lift

---885--- Medium 2" lift coils for 110 lbs additional front weight

----886--- Heavy 2" lift coils for 200+ front weight -- No top plate spacer needed-
I think they just need to update their site.....looking for someone with omes on a '12 or '13

Id call Sonny at downsouth motorsports but they are closed.....nobody beats those guys on price (free shipping and sometimes on a case by case basis a TW discoun) or customer support
Old 01-18-2013, 11:16 PM   #8

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
wheelers says '05- current

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upometaco.htm
Old 01-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #9

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
2013 with 886 beast

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post6288166
Old 01-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #10

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
885's on a 2012

u should be fine

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...012-build.html
Old 01-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #11
jslum's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks justus well now I know they work just to decide which lift......
Old 01-19-2013, 12:23 AM   #12

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks justus well now I know they work just to decide which lift......
no problem, just a couple searches and now u got options........figuring out which to choose is the next step. Glad to help
Old 01-19-2013, 02:13 AM   #13
I like tacos and burritos
Markallyn86 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
Markallyn86's Tacoma Gallery
Maxtrac spindles with 5100s on stock coils set at 0 for the front. All pro expo or standard leaf springs for the back. That's my next mod on my 2012. Cant decide on expo or standard and still don't know which rear shocks to get.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:59 AM   #14
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markallyn86 View Post
Maxtrac spindles with 5100s on stock coils set at 0 for the front. All pro expo or standard leaf springs for the back. That's my next mod on my 2012. Cant decide on expo or standard and still don't know which rear shocks to get.
X2 on this
Old 01-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #15
jslum's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure how I feel about the 4" lift and I think I would need 3" in the rear cause i've seen some 2" and it still looks like it leans.
Like I said before I'm not really doing any off road its mostly for looks
Old 01-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #16
jslum's Tacoma Gallery
So I would not need new uca's if I ent with spindles? Just spindles in the front and a leaf pack in the rear? Would I also need new rear shocks? Don't think I want to go with aal cause I've read the ride sucks.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #17
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I would not need new uca's if I ent with spindles? Just spindles in the front and a leaf pack in the rear? Would I also need new rear shocks? Don't think I want to go with aal cause I've read the ride sucks.
AAL makes it ride like a truck... Not a car but makes not more capable of hauling loads. My suggestion to you if you are concerned with ride quality is to leave the truck stock.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #18
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
I'd pay the extra money for Camburg spindles, but that's just me... OME is also a very great choice! Coilovers are best if you have the money. Keep in mind, you'll need uca's for anything over 2.5" if you want it done right.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #20
They call me Greekbro
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markallyn86 View Post
x3

This is my current front setup. All I need is the leaf packs.