Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

A question about 5100s and airbags

Old 01-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
edgycanuck is on a distinguished road

Name: Devin
edgycanuck's Tacoma Gallery
A question about 5100s and airbags

Alright so I'm likely going to get flogged for this but I've searched.... A lot and can't find my specific situation. I just got some Firestone airbags, plan to use them for towing, hauling stuff in the bed an keeping the rear suspension from cratering, (and perhaps a little tiny bit of lift), could I install a block on the rear leafs or an airbag spacer? Would like to get 5100s for the front to level the truck out. Will I have to do any additional work with control arms in the front?Or what about additional work to the rear? I have a 2010 TRD sport LB, DB cab(Canadian, so good leaf springs) with 97000 km on it. Your help, comments, and name calling is gratefully accepted! Thanks
Old 01-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #2

Anyone?
Old 01-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
I know the firestone riderites need to be modified with AAL or a new leaf pack but they might be fine with blocks. No on the UCAs, unless you set the billies at 2.5 then maybe, at that point your better off getting coils.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Oh ya i forgot something, search asshole

J/k
Old 01-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #5
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
What about an just getting an OME set up front and rear ?
Old 01-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #6
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
You can't extend those bags very far. They do make a lifted version of them, I think. If you want a good ride get the Eibach coils with the billies. Setting the billies at 2.5 is going to ruin the ride of the truck. Plus if you go that high, in most cases, you will need to get some type of aftermarket uca.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #7

Thanks for the responses guys and limited name calling (Evanmb31)
as for ome all around I haven't really thought about how much $$ I want to drop on this......ok my wife hasn't. And here's an example of what I was talkin about with airbag spacers, not the size I want just the first example I found.
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/fip-2366