Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2004 Tacoma Suspension Suggestions

Old 01-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
2004 Tacoma Suspension Suggestions

So I'm hoping that within the next 2 months to have my truck lifted, and I'm looking for suggestions.
I already have an idea for what I think would be a good setup, but if somebody can help me get the same basic setup for cheaper or a slightly better setup for not much more let me know!

As of right now here is my idea:

Front adjustable Bilstein 5100's: lowrangeoffroad $98
Rear Bilstein 5125's: wheelers offroad $149
Toytec coils: Toytec Lifts $164
2" AAL: lowrangeoffroad $40
Centerpin for leafs: Wheelersoffroad $4
U-Bolt set: Wheelersoffroad $30
Extended Rear brake line: lowrangeoffroad $24

Total: $509 not including shipping costs

I can't seem to find any shocks for the rear for less that $150, and as far as I know Toytec seems to be the only site that carries the coils. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
The only suggestion I might have is that if one place happens to charge a few extra dollars for one or two of those products but they can throw it all in on one shipping charge that may save you some money

Have you checked Downsouthmotorsports. They usually have good prices on 5100s
Old 01-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
The only suggestion I might have is that if one place happens to charge a few extra dollars for one or two of those products but they can throw it all in on one shipping charge that may save you some money

Have you checked Downsouthmotorsports. They usually have good prices on 5100s
Yeah, I guess I need to price everything out with shipping and figure out what's best... I looked at downsouth but they were usually in the middle price range compared to other places, but with differences in shipping they may be better.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #4

Well it seems no matter what the total is going to average between $550-$580. Toytec is the main reason for the price jump, They're charging $50 shipping because of my address...
Old 01-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #5
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
don't complain about shipping... my $600 worth of lift parts cost $350 to ship

and those coils are proprietary to toytec, made by eibach so you won't find them anywhere else.

DSM sells the 5100's as a set of 4, with extended rears for 2" lifts; pricewise I think it's about the same though
Old 01-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
don't complain about shipping... my $600 worth of lift parts cost $350 to ship

and those coils are proprietary to toytec, made by eibach so you won't find them anywhere else.

DSM sells the 5100's as a set of 4, with extended rears for 2" lifts; pricewise I think it's about the same though
Yeah, I guess it's not too bad. I priced everything with DSM and it came out about the same. About $15 more in the end.